This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scrub question

As working professionsals, are we allowed to wear an under shirt underneath our scrub tops? The reason I ask is all the tops i've seen have a V-neck. I have a decent sized tattoo on my chest (of a human heart), although I don't regret my tattoo at all, I do not feel it's very professional. I would like to have it covered by a regular colared under shirt. Is this acceptable in the medical field?

Re: Scrub question

Everyplace I have worked, yes. Even a tank top in summer. I'd rather wear something underneath, than give patients a look at my cleavage! LOL

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RN

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

LOL@ cleavage comment.

I also have a small tattoo on my right forearm, so I suppose it will be long sleaved under shirts for me! Too bad it gets 105+ here in the summer, lol.

I do regret that tattoo, I hate the heat, lol.

One of the MAs at my front office externship was heavily tated. No one ever knew, he always had a long sleeve T-shirt under his scrub top. One day he came in in street clothes, he would have needed at least baseball sleeves to cover his arm tats and there is no sock that would have covered his leg tats.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: SMA

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no

I reallly wish they would re-design scrubs. Smaller v-necks, more pockets, and better fitting! I'm small, so they all tend to look like over-sized pajamas on me.

The mock wrap ones with the ties are much more flattering, and the V's are not as big. I also like the cargo style pants with lots of pockets. I have to carry so much I need as many pockets as I can get!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RN

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

I second the redesign idea. I mean I just can't find the right size pants. they come down and I pull them up. And I have to find scrub shirts that are long enough that if my pants come down my butt won't show. m It is a hassle but at the same time scrubs are so comfy and fun to wear.