This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Medical Assisting school

I have a question?? Does anyone know anything about
Kings College in Charlotte NC...is it a good school?? Any info would be great......

Thanks

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CNA, RPT

Are You Still In School? Thinking about going back

Are You Working? yes

Re: Medical Assisting school

you should ask to sit in on a class and later talk and ask the students.
If you can't sit in on the class...then i would actually wonder why you can't do that, then i would stand outside the school when school is over and talk to the kids in the scrubs..sounds kind of stalker-ish..but hey. It's your money. Demand more. YOu just might get it. I would strongly advise you to ask if they get your extern at the end of the MOD, or if you have to get it yourself.
If its the later of the two, It's going to be real work. Ask if it's certified, and if your credits are transferable. A lot of times if you go to a Community College, you can get the government to pay for your education. If it's a private college, the average cost is about 6,ooo after a loan. If you dont have any kids it's more. My friend has about 12 grand to pay back after 10 years, she didnt get a loan, she is 19, no kids, and her parents couldnt co-sign.
I in no way mean to discourage you. My only intention of letting you know this, is to simply know this. A lot of times the schools are so eager to have you sign on, they will say things and not go into detail or elabortate. I wish i would of waited the 10 months to enroll in to the communiy college for M.A. but I didn't want to wait 10 months. I was impatient and wanted to go to school NOW! What i didn't think about was if i DID wait, it would of been paid for 100 percent by the state and i wouldnt of been in debt. Plus, they are Certified M.A's. not just a diploma.

Googling the school might help. again, best of luck in whatever you do. This is simply my experience and no the general. A lot of ppl have had success in private colleges for M.A.