This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
starting pay for mas in north hollywood/los angeles area

my friend said her ma teacher said mas start out @ $9/hr here but job sites say around $12/hr to start. I am attending one of the most reputable schools in the area. drs love my school and I've heard positive reports from others. got a b in my first mod already. so which is true?

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Re: starting pay for mas in north hollywood/los angeles area

Google "monster salary", and then look up what the median salary for MAs in your area.

I'd expect the starting pay for the MAs in CA is at least 12/h, seeing as how the cost of living is so high there.

Keep those good grades up!

"reputable schools" may be the key word here.

See alot of fly by night schools pump out Medical Assistants by the boat load, but they do not help to find work after word and the training can be sub standard.

I think as long as the school you go to is a good school the rest will be up to you.

You will do fine,

I am currently attending Maric College in north hollywood, considered to be one of the best schools in the area. I am a single woman living in la with only me and 2 parakeets to support, no car, kids nor do I want any. I am on the waiting list for lofts that have lower rents that even a ma could afford. I think I can make it.

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes