This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It's official...

I got my acceptance letter from the Director of the Medical Assisting program at my community college. I am SO stoked. I am so excited!

Woo hoo!!!!

Re: It's official...

Woo hoo! Congratulations!

Congrats Mel,

I have also received my acceptance letter for my medical assisting program from my community college. I start my classes in June! I am very excited also!

Missy

Are You Still In School? Have not started yet

Are You Working? no

congrats!!!

Do yourself a favor and check in with the program adviser on a regular basis. Many of my classmates found they had taken classes they didn't need or took the hard route, because they didn't check in with the adviser. One mapped her entire plan with the councilor and then latter found the program adviser had different ideas on what was needed or the way to get all her credits, he even worked it so she could take one term online. This gave her time with her newborn, time she wouldn't have had otherwise.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: SMA

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no

Do yourself a bigger favor and call around to various doctors offices and find out the REAL reputations of these schools/programs. All you have to do is speak to the office manager and ask them if they have hired ex-MA students from your school before,and would they do it again. Or ask for their opinion of it. Listen for any hesitation in their voices. Not trying to burst your bubble but if a school's program has a bad rep with the area office managers,take it from me,they are VERY reluctant to hire a graduate from it.

Congrats! I bet you are excited! I graduated from a JC program too. I think those are the best to get into because they have to follow the strict rules of the college...unless your JC has lost its accrediation you should be fine ( in regards to what the person above posted)

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C

Are You Still In School? Nursing School

Are You Working? Doing free doula service

I agree with "Hearts". I also went to a jc.I live
an hour and a half away but the drive and the gas money were worth it!Congrats Mel!!!!!!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified Clinical Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes. Hospital ER/Clinic

The school I will be attending this fall, and starting my classes online this summer. Is a very well respected community college in my area. I live in Cincinnati and The University of Cincinnati has an excellent Medical Assisting program. So I am very excited to begin my course.

Best of luck Mel.

Are You Still In School? Have not started yet

Are You Working? no

Best of luck to both of you!Please stay with the forum
through your journey. There is such a wealth of info in these posts from those who have already been there.
It is such a great help to me. Always a friend here to get advice from!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified Clinical Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes. Hospital ER/Clinic