This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First day of my externship...TODAY!

Ahhh...I'm so nervous! Thanks for everyones' advice, by the way!

Wish me luck!

Re: First day of my externship...TODAY!

You are going to do AWESOME! About the end of my second week everything came together and clicked.Just remember 2 things:

1. If you are slightly unsure about something...ASK!

2. Never do ANYTHING for which a medical assistant is
not trained(and boy was I asked!)

Give us a full report today Best of luck.
Shelley

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified Clinical Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes. Hospital ER/Clinic

Good luck! Let us know how your first day goes!

Are You Still In School? Have not started yet

Are You Working? no

Oh my...I was busy. They had me doing quite a few things...calling patients back, taking vitals, finger pokes for coumadin tests, giving b-12/pneumonia vaccine injections, learning their EMR system, urine dipsticks, urine cultures, etc. I just thought I would be observing today!

You Go Girl! Awesome first day.So proud of my fellow
MA's!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified Clinical Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes. Hospital ER/Clinic

Re: First day of my externship...TOMORROW.

I'm real nervous.

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

My first day of externship 6th quarter, I was put in PEDS and I was basically offered a job my first day. I have to keep impressing the doc so she will be able to make her final decision no problem at the end of the quarter. She likes you to move FAST. What are some tips in rooming faster. I have to take weight, temp, cc, who they are with and write down that on a paper they made especially for sick child and then enter that into their emr

Your Professional Title/Credentials: SMA

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no