This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need to find the best NURSING SHOES

Because I am on my feet 8 plus hours and they KILL ME!!! I have heard SOOOOO MANY different kind of shoes work, from different people. I really dont want to invest in 100 dollar shoes if they are just "so-so". I dont mind spending the money, I just want a guarantee they would work. Who has a particular preference? ANyone have Dansko shoes and love them? ANy one have sneakers and love them? What brand? And has anyone decided to go to an Orthodic Store, and get custom made insoles? Does that work better?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? n

Are You Working? y

Re: I need to find the best NURSING SHOES

All I can say is try on a ton. What fits someone elses foot well won't fit yours. I have some Nike walking shoes that are great, others swear by Crocs or Danskos. Find a store where you can try some out instead of getting them online. JMO :)

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RN

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

I got a set of "Achiever" Rockers by Cherokee, and have an ortho insert in them. I need to find another set of shoes, I'm wearing these out.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: SMA

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no

I love my Dansko's

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified Clinical Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no. But I begin school in August towards my RN-BSN!!!!!!

Are You Working? yes. Hospital ER/Clinic

Don't get K-swiss. I thought they'd be good, but noooo...my 8 hour days are KILLING my feet.

I love my crocs. I tried on a pair of Danskos and felt like I was going to fall over, but some people swear by them; they are also $100 or more, while crocs are only $40 (for the healthcare professional ones with no holes)

Are You Still In School? nursing school

Hello, ANGELINA where do you work at as a CMA IF YOU ARE Looking for the Best shoes Please get you a Pair of Crocs I Have 3 Pair they really where soooooo good you will nor regreat it.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA/ Phelobotomy/Hygiene Assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

I've had my Danskos Narrow Pro (for skinny feet) and I love them for foot and back comfort and they also give me some height. I just bought my second pair to wear at home too.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Still In School? N

Are You Working? Just moved to new state. Interviewing