This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Has anyone heard of US career institute?

I became a MA through a community college but my friend was looking at US Career Institute. I'm incredibly skeptical and have never heard of it before. Just wondering if anybody has any info? thanx

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No

Re: Has anyone heard of US career institute?

Check with the commission for higher education in your state. Go to your states web-site for the phone number. Also, check with the Better Business Bureau. But, remember if no one has filed a complaint it doesn't mean that the reputation is good, just that no one has bothered to take action! School web-sites can be deceiving too! DO YOUR HOME-WORK! Goodluck!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified Clinical Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no. But I begin school in August towards my RN-BSN!!!!!!

Are You Working? yes. Hospital ER/Clinic

Yep, just like Shelley said, call the BBB.

I have heard of this school, and I think it is an online school? But I can't remember. If it is how would your friend do clinicals?

Are You Still In School? Have not started yet

Are You Working? no

Hi there. I am starting US career institute. I live in Florida. THey are fully legit, accredited by DETC, however NOT CAAHEP. Keep in mind, there are several certifying bodies out there for MA's other than the AAMA. Taking the program thru US Career institute will allow you right off the bat to sit for certification through NHA (national healthcareer institute) and NCCT (National center for competency testing). You will be a CCMA and NCMA once you pass those exams.
CCMA: Certified clinical medical assistant
NCMA: national certified medical assistant

You are still certified, but not through the AAMA which is the most popular one. DO employers care? some may, some may not. I think it depends on what you make of it and how you work. I have been a dental assistant for 14 years, and can tell you that I have trained many girls over that time. I have seen ones come in from quickie programs and some have been better workers than the ones that spent one year in school. It depends on their work ethic.

As far as the slinical portion thru us career institute, there is not one. YOu get a "virtual" practical and to be hinest with you, I am not really sure what that means. I will see once I get my books and materials. I have spoken with some drs to coorodinate my own internship.

Sorry so long....

Hope this helps.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Dental assisting making the change to medical

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

I am also interested in US Career Institute and they are accredited by DETC who is recognized by the CHEA (Council of Higher Education). Unfortunately I live in South Africa and cannot find any courses here I can take. I must make sure our country will accept this accreditation. Is there anyone from South Africa who graduated from this institute?

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes