This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Connections!

I'm going to school for MA, I start the actual program in the fall. But for right now i'm also a cashier at Walmart. Whenever I see someone in scrubs, I bombard them with all kinds of questions, lol.

Well I got to chatting with one of my customers. She's been an MA with Kaiser for over 10 years. She told me my plan sounded good, and complemented me on advancing my education. She told me Kasier is an awesome place to work for as an MA. They are opening a Kaiser hospital soon, and she gave me her email address and phone number, and said when I graduate to contact her and she'll reccommend me to the hiring manager.

She also said that if I wanted to go back to school for my RN later, that Kaiser would help pay for my education. YAY!!! I'm so excited. Something good has come out of my boring job at Wally World, haha.

Re: Connections!

That's great, and I applaud your decision to go back to school. :) Networking is a great and powerful tool. Many places offer great incentives such as signing bonuses and reimbursed education. I had a wonderful instructor last summer who offered some very sage advice...Really think long and hard before leaping into something like this because once you cash that check they own you for the agreed upon number of months or years. It's not like you can put in your two weeks notice halfway through it so be sure it's a work environment you will really be happy in for an obligated amount of time. Consider looking at a school that has federal aid programs for grants such as PELL, scholarships, and other assistance so you can really think through all of your options. Good luck!

Yeah, I'm already enrolled into the program at my community college. I'm taking Psych 101 this summer semester before the actual program starts.

That is great to hear Mel. I also ask all kinds of mom's I see at my kids schools in scrubs if they are a nurse or other health professional. I am starting my first MA online class in June Medical front office procedures, and will do Medical terminology I online in July.

I am also going through my community college. I have thought long and hard about this before enrolling in school and filling out my financial aid forms. I know this is what I want to do

Good luck Mel, and let us know how your classes are going

Missy

Are You Still In School? Have not started yet

Are You Working? no

Cat is right: So I will say it again :) Networking is a great and powerful tool!!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Forum Admin/Website Owner