This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cert test

someone told me that I can bypass taking the cert test if I've been in the field for a long time and have the doctors I work for submit letter along with a fee. Is this true and how can I make this happen.My employer of 6 years told me if I get registered and certified he would raise my salary. Please help me with this info.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: senior medical assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Re: cert test

I never heard of this. You can't in my state. Maybe you are getting confused, in my state you can TAKE the cert if you have not been to a formal program but have worked as an MA for a specific period of time...If anything there is a TEST to cert to prove you have the knowledge without having to go to a program. The test is not hard, just take it.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C

Are You Still In School? Nursing School

Are You Working? Doing free doula service

Check with AMT. I was told by them that I could bypass their phlebotomy exam 2 years ago when I went to get certified with them but only because I had already been certified through another agency.

Hearts is correct. You can bypass school for MA if you have worked in the field for a # years.You need refs. to take the exam.
Thank you for taking the exam to become certified. The more physicians that require their MAs to certified, the better off the MA field will become. We need to encourage MDs to require cert and stop hiring off the street so they can pay a lower wage! CMAs as a whole, in their field will continue to hold the disdain of their medical peers if we continue to have organizations that hire non-certified personel.
Good Luck with your exam future CMA!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified Clinical Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no. Working towards BSN in nursing

Are You Working? ER 5 years

HERE HERE Lexi, I agree 100%

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C

Are You Still In School? Nursing School

Are You Working? Doing free doula service