This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Leap of faith

I'm running into some scheduling conflicts with some of my courses. For the first few semesters I can make it work, but there are a couple of clinical courses I am taking that are only during the daytime. This means that I will probably have to leave my present job by this time next year. This scares me a little because I haven't got it all figured out yet, but I know I will!

I am hoping to find a part time job in a clinic or office somewhere when I have to leave my current one. Are there any current students out there doing this?

Thanks!

Jenny

Re: Leap of faith

I worked part time in an office when I was taking my nursing school pre-reqs. I would go to class in the morning twice a week and then go to work for the rest of the afternoon staying late to help with MAs that had docs that worked later (they went home and I took over). The rest of the week days I worked all day. I worked every weekend clinic that was availalbe too.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C

Are You Still In School? Nursing School

Are You Working? Doing free doula service

So you were an MA while you were going through nursing school?

I am a CMA working towards my BSN in nursing. I will grad. in dec. 08.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified Clinical Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? Working towards BSN in nursing

Are You Working? ER 5 years