This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TABE Test

I'm taking the TABE test in a few weeks....has anyone else taken the test? Was it harder or easier than you thought?

Re: TABE Test

has NO ONE taken this test? Most vocational programs require it now.

Sorry, never even heard of it.

What kind of test is this? What sort of vocational programs. Am interested to know!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified Clinical Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? Working towards BSN in nursing-graduate dec. 08

Are You Working? ER 5 years

TABE stands for Test for Adult Basic Education. It's the test my CC gives for folks going into vocational programs. It covers reading comprehension, grammar, spelling and math skills. There's a description and practice test here: http://www.studyguidezone.com/tabetest.htm

In the practice tests I've done, I've aced everything but the math. It covers some algebra and geometry, so that is what I have been reviewing the most. I've been doing some intense math reviewing the last few weeks. The test is today, and I feel ready!

Wish me luck!

Got my tests results! I needed a 10 in every area to pass, and I got 12.9 in every area!

Glad that's out of the way! Now onward and upward!

Jenny

Never heard of it although it sounds like a GED or some sort of pre req to start M.A class. Do you have a H.S diploma or a GED? curious.

I have a regular high school diploma. Went to high school for four years with way more than enough credits to graduate.

The TABE test was a requirement of my local CC to go into the CMA program (as well as for other vocational programs).

Jenny

Are You Still In School? yes

What is TABE Test?

Are You Still In School? y

Are You Working? y

Hi Jenny,

Congrats on your test results. I have only heard of that test at the vocational schools in my area. So you are taking classes at your local community college and had to take this test? I had to take a few placement tests before being admitted to my local college, but sounds like you did great!

Best of luck to you in your studies!

Missy

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No