This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who is taking the CMA (AAMA) test this Saturday?

I am! And I'm nervous as hell! Good luck to all that are taking it!

Re: Who is taking the CMA (AAMA) test this Saturday?

I haven't begun to get nervous

Too many things happening, car problems, sending out resumes job hunting (just in case, no job offer yet from externship), job interview on Monday, my wifes birthday is this week, spent today BBQing a turkey and studying between stoking the fire, basting and putting out a monthly newsletter for the local American Legion Post.

Good luck Saturday

Are You Still In School? sorta

Are You Working? not yet

Good luck to you, too!

Best of luck to both of you! I just started my first medical assisting class this past monday. I am taking Medical Front office procedures online. So far so good!

Let us know how the test goes!
Missy

Are You Still In School? Have not started yet

Are You Working? no

GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH! DEEP BREATHS.......

[

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified Clinical Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? Working towards BSN in nursing-graduate dec. 08

Are You Working? ER 5 years

Done!

There were two points that kind of rubbed me wrong.
First in studying for the test, I kept asking my wife questions. She is an RN. On the drug questions she said, "That is what drug books are for. We were always told don't go with your memory use the book."
Second thing, we are told time and again throughout our programs not to diagnose or triage stuff. Then on the test there are questions about someone who has Dx and what is the Tx, or worse they have 1Sx, 2Sx and a third Sx what is the possible Dx? I see training to recognize life threating or emergent situations, beyond that, why?

Are You Working? not yet

What kind of drug questions did you have?
As far as the DX questions-since CMAs legally cannot give a nursing diagnoses that does not make sense.

Congrats on taking your exam!
How soon do you get the results!

On the drug questions, some of them were along the same line of, 'of these drugs what Rx would you use for Tx.' Not what I expected, but I got through it.

We get results in Oct or Nov

I'm sure we all passed, unless someone mis marked answers.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA (AAMA)

Are You Working? not yet

Hmmmm. Weird questionss. On mine I had 25 drug calculations and we could not use paper to figure them out! We also had to read 10 EKGs which at the time I sucked at .

Bless your heart, I cannot imagine waiting that long to find out the cert results. I know you passed.....

CONGRATULATIONS JEFFF!
Our newest CMA

There was A LOT that was never covered in my program...and I went to a really good, well-known school, as well. Way too much on front office, not enough clinical. Sorry, I'd much rather remember how to calculate the right amount of a vaccine to draw up, than which letter should be on top when given to the doctor.

Oh well, I did the best I could do, and I'll know what my results are in 3 months! Best wishes to Jeff, hopefully we'll both have CMA after our names soon!

Why is the wait so long for the results? Was this a test on paper and not a computer? For the RMA exam on a computer you are given scrap paper on a clipboard but I don't remember using it so I don't think there were calculations to do and I know there were no EKG graphs to read (or maybe there were and I have forgotten!). You also have the results instantly while those in my class who took it on paper had maybe a month to wait. I can see now why the AMMA test is considered more difficult. Good luck with the waiting.

My test was on a scantron. Call me old fashioned, but I'd actually prefer that to a computerized test. I guess the AAMA is going with all computerized tests next year (so says the proctor). I really hope that it doesn't take the full three months to get my results back.

Check often. I got mine in 4 weeks exactly.

Congrats to you, Sybil! So happy for you!

Congrats to everyone!! :):):)

Jenny

Sybil-Call me stupid but what is a "scantron" exam?

#2 pencil and fill in the dots, don't go out of the lines or leave any stray marks.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA (AAMA)

Are You Working? not yet

Lexi and Jenny--Thank you!

And DG...what Jeff said. It's the tests where you have to color in A B C D E with a number 2 pencil, and then the test sheet is ran through some machine that grades them.