This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CMA / RMA MAGAZINE????

As a L.P.N. i receive for free a magazine Yearly (12mos.)dedicated to the L.P.N.'s. from....
http://advanceweb.com/
they offer many magazine to the health care field. if you go to their web site you'll see the list. they serve over 1.8 million professionals across this nation.
i'm only aware of one magazine for the M.A. field from the A.A.M.A. for $ 60 dollars for a 6 mos.To me that's kind of pricey!
Why not have all the M.A./R.M.A.'s and pass this along to others so they can write these people to get a Mag. for the M.A. /R.M.A.field.
according the what i can find out that the medical assistant field is a fast growing one.
i have e-mailed the editor with no answer.
maybe if everyone writes ,we can get them to look into our field to see we are worth having our own magazine.
here is the editor's e-mail addy.....

tkerr@merion.com

or call Mr. Tom Kerr @ 1-800-355-5627 ext 1145

what do you all think about this?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: L.P.N. (ret. kind of)

Are You Still In School? yes, for R.M.A.

Are You Working? no

Re: CMA / RMA MAGAZINE????

If you join the AAMA you get the mag w/ your membership. Anyone, even people not in the field can now join the AAMA. You do not have to be certified through them to join, as it was in the past. I also get the mag from Advance and find it much more informative than CMA today.
I think Advance is only interested in nursing but I will give it a shot too. The mag has to be able to sell to advertisers and the nursing field has much more merit than medical assisting when asking for $$ from companies willing to advertise. This is probably the reason for no interest.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified Clinical Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? Working towards BSN in nursing-graduate dec. 08

Are You Working? ER 5 years