This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone want to check out my resume?

I was wondering if anyone on here is willing to check out and critique my resume?

If you want to, e-mail me (my e-mail is in my info thing) and let me know on here that you did. I will only send my resume to the folks I've seen frequent this board (for security purposes, obviously).

Thanks =)

Re: Anyone want to check out my resume?

Sybil, Even posts you have seen on here does not mean they warrant credibility. Please do not let anyone see any personal info on your resume.
I posted a thread last week "approach with caution"
because of an incident that happened to a friend posting too much info. It is dangerous in the world we live in today.
Perhaps a teacher from school would be a better and more trusting source.
Remember on all forums...Trolls walk beside us.

Good luck in your job search!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? Yes-will grad in Dec. 08 BSN

Are You Working? yes. hospital ER

Excellent reply from Lexi. You don't know who is behind that keyboard........

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RN

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? YES

Oh, I know! I wouldn't leave any of my personal information or my real name on it, anyway. I just wanted someone to go over it to make sure my grammar/spelling and the format looks good. Heck, Sybil isn't even my real name =)

Thanks!

i would like to see your resume! I dont think mine is working for some reason. Have not had a job yet, it's been 3 months since graduating. The main problem is, "I dont have enough experience." Or I am "not certified", which is why I am taking the exam in Oct.
I dont know why people are saying that its unsafe for you to send it to someone. ??? I would just delete the personal info on it, (I.E your address,phone number, and real name). Do you want to post it on here? just to let others see what a general M.A resume can or should look like? Thanks!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Oh and here is what I have for technical skills. Anyone recommend any changes or additions?thx:

Technical and Administrative Skills:

Obtaining Vitals and Chief Complaints
Respiratory Testing
Surgical Assisting
Including sterile tray setup

Medical Terminology
Physical Therapy Modalities
Asepsis and Infection Control
Pharmacology and Dosage Calculations
Specimen Collection: Throat, Capillary and Venipuncture
Diagnostic Testing: UA, UHCC, Rapid Strep, HCT, HGB, Glucometer and Occult Blood testing
Appointment Scheduling
Microsoft Office 2003
Health Records Management
Insurance Billing HCFA-1500
Laboratory skills, Lab
Requisitions

Keyboarding 60 WPM
CPT and ICD-9 code
Utilizing microscopes and magnification
Other Qualities:
* Strong written and oral communication skills , including telephone skills
* Multi-tasking and problem-solving abilities