This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kaplan University?

I'm just curious what the general consensus in on Kaplan University. The reason I ask is because I am a stay at home mom with an 11 month old daughter. My husband works full time and it gone most of the time. We also live out in the middle of no where. I'm seriously considering getting my AAS in Medical Assisting online at Kaplan because an online school is really the only possibility. I was a CNA for a few years awhile back and ever since then I've wanted to be in the medical field. What I'm afraid of is that I'll shuck out roughly $7000 in student loans (the actual program costs about $10000) and then I won't be able to get a job or get paid decently because of the school I went to. I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. I want to go to school so badly...but the only schooling I'm able to take is online...but a lot of the online schools are horrible.

Oh...and if you know of any online schools better than Kaplan, let me know. Thanks!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Student

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no

Re: Kaplan University?

Check out the availability of jobs in your area along with the starting salary before you go that deep into debt. Schools will sell you a bill of goods and then leave you high and dry once they have your hard earned cash. Do the research or you may have buyers remorse!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RN

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? YES