This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
not enough training, yet being told on for things I didn't do,unfriendly MA's

I have always woked in a hospital, as a phelebotomist, Lab Tech, and Health Unit Coordinator.I went to school for R.N.,and almost made it by 1 class, yet had a tragedy in our family and I had to drop. Still I gave shots, and drew blood and was an extern for a RN at the hospital. Got hired on a doctor's office, the first day, the MA didn't speak to me, the following week I was put with someone else and a different doctor. This other MA wasnt friendly, complained about her job the whole time, and didn't teach me how to use the computer. I got 4 days with her, then put on my own. Did okay, until the front office made a scheduling mistake, the patient was furious, and I got blamed. I like the doctor, he is very busy, so there are times when I get out of work at six. The red box(for sharps) was full when I began, but I again got blamed for putting things in the sharp box besides sharps. My office manager took me into her office and fussed at me over the sharp container,she told me that paper and other things were in it besides sharps. (which I couldn't have filled it up after 4 days alone), and had a chart she said I did wrong, but she couldnt find the "evidence" where I did it.She checked out my resume, and references, however now wants all my grades, certifications, etc. One of the MA's told her I gave a shot to a child and gave it twice, in which I did, however I aspirated, there was blood, so I stopped, got another needle, and redid. Now like I said she seems to be "picking" at me over things I do. Only have been there for 5 weeks, and they have a 90 day policy. I wasn't given a verbal or written warning, but I am now walking on eggshells, because they are watching my every move. The doctor is happy with me, yet there are 2 MA's that tattle. I have a month and a half left, and scared too death that I will do something wrong, I always have had great evaluations, and great patient care. Anyone have any suggestions as of what to do? I hate feeling paranoid,and being spied on. Also, they can let me go for no reason during my probation period. ANY suggestions will be helpful. Sorry so long winded, but I don't want to leave the job. Might I add, when she hired me, I was told I was "over qualified" due to school, and working at the hospital for 8 years. I have never been in a tight spot like this. thanks for your help.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Working? yes

Re: not enough training, yet being told on for things I didn't do,unfriendly MA's

Wow, Willow....it does seem that you are definitely in a tight spot! But all you can do is your best. Do your job as flawlessly as possible to give them nothing to complain about. You may even have to go as far as to document your activity.

If all else fails, try to schedule a meeting with the doctor and let him know what's going on.

Good luck!

Jenny

Re: unfriendly MA's

As many here already know, this forum is phantastic, and I only peek in from time to time to say hello to the great forum members.

I was just in the middle of a huge web desing project (completely redesigning www.certmedassistant.com and www.advancedmedicalassistant.com) when your message above message floated into my email inbox.

I have to say, reading your story made me stop dead in my tracks!!! I immediately sat everything aside, as I felt compelled to log in to say this:

" I am shocked and appalled to hear that we have some medical assistant colleagues out there that are this uncaring and unsympathetic to a new fellow staff member! I will never understand, nor condone such unprofessional behavior! I is sad and pathetic all at once.

Willow - this is the moment to hold your head up high and keep your eye on the price (a permanent job!). You may not feel welcomed by your very own peers, but the doctor likes you, and that works in YOUR favor since he/she is your boss, no matter what the rest thingks of you. You do not owe the other medical assistants any explanations, nor apologies. Not helping you, or showing you how to use the computer or other apparatuses is VERY, VERY unprofessional, and I am sure if the doctor ever finds out he/she will not be pleased.

If you get the job, and it becomes unbearable, then tell nobody, but start looking elsewhere! Use this job as a springboard for bigger and better things. Try to stick it out for 1 year, as many employers want at least that much experience. Then go for the NHA certification exam, based on your experience. I suggest you request their FREE certifiation information ASAP => Here:

http://wwww.certmedassistant.com/medical-assistant-certifications.html

I wish you nothing but the best! Good luck.

Danni R.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Site Admin

Are You Working? yes!

Re: not enough training, yet being told on for things I didn't do,unfriendly MA's

I am so sorry to hear what a hard time you are having.I am sure what you are experiencing from the other co-workers is stemming from their own fear. Fear, that with your experience you will by far surpass them in their abilities as MAs. I have a very different perspective on this, but then I don't own this website or benefit from it in way other than to communicate with other MAs.
If you are truely one class away fom finishing nursing school and will then be eligible to sit for the NCLEX, DO IT! Do not let adversity hold you back.
That is a lot of schooling to let go by the wayside.
There is also a big difference in making $12.00hr
compared to $40.00 hr! Good luck!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? Yes-will grad in Dec. 08 BSN

Are You Working? yes. hospital ER

words cannot thank all of you enough!!! I am so worried about tommorrow, I hate walking on eggshells.I got out my old nursing books, and looked up everything my office manager said I did wrong, I am going to copy the pages that I did correct, that I got blamed for. I love the patients, and the fast pace, I just hate the fact that I am being "watched".And on my day off, they go through all my things, and know my code for my phone messages!! I re-read the new employee book, and the Company was suppose to put me into New Orientation, which includes their OSHA laws, insurance, 401K,etc.,but I haven't even been told about it. I read also that you first get a "verbal warning",then time to fix it, then a written warning if things do not change, and then if you haven"t gotten better in your 90 days you are let go. Well, my office manager told me that it WASN'T a verbal warning. I do know that I will ask when I need help, but I am staying out of those two girls way, and yes, take everyones advice, and do my very best. I have never been fired, or had a bad evaluation, or anything, so this is really freaking me out. Yes, I plan on certifying and the Dr. wants to send me to X-Ray school so I can do that. Everyone please keep me in your prayers and thoughts and again I thank each one of you. I have until the 6th of September. It feels so good knowing I can "complain" and you all know what I am feeling. Again, thank you for taking your time in responding.

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

this question is for Danni, you wrote about my situation, and redoing your site. I have been to your site. My question for you is this--it seems like my job is getting worse, no I love the job, just the Office Manager. She has started to "pick" at things now. Like a message that I took three days when I first began, the MA training me, watched me write all the back and forth messages;well my doctor told me I didn't need all that writing. The office manager disagreed, and went over the messages, and told me I did the correct thing by documenting. Today, I was told that I was going to have to go over with her how to take a message. I saw the file on her desk, and told her that the doctor had already talked to me about it. She is having the 2 "tattletles" watch me, and get the messages off my phone, if I get more than 5, she makes a bad comment, now I know that 5 seems like a lot, however, I haven't ever gotten that many without not getting them, but the messages today were put in my mailbox, when they should have been placed up front for appts, and in the lab.I overheard her talking to my doctor, and maybe I am getting paranoid, however, I overheard her say to my Dr."Are you going to tell her?", now it could be nothing, yet I have never had anyone watch me, go through my trash, and throw me into a ajob where I haven't even attended orientation. I want to stay and get through my 90 days,like I said it is through in Sept.9, then they will send me to X-Ray school. Nothing was said by the Dr. today, however, I cannot keep on eggshells for 6 more weeks. I am a nervous wreck. Everyday I try to go over and beyond for my pts., Dr. and files. It just seems like I have became the one to "pick" on, and I have never had this low amount of self-confidence. I am desperate for some kind of ideas, answers, and even more things to try. My evaluations in the hospital have always been over and beyond, and I have always had the confidence, until now....Can you help? I don't want to lose my job. Thanks, wILLOW

Are You Working? yes

Not sure if Danni reads every post or just the new threads.
If they pay for you to get your X-ray cert.,did you have to sign a contract for staying a certain amount of time after this? I can't see them paying for this and knowing you will most likly leave.
I would have to nip this in the bud and ask for a staff meeting and vent how you feel. IMO, I would forget the free x-ray cert.
This is way too toxic.

Like I said in an earlier post-complete your RN.
Good luck.

Lexi has made excellent points and it is great to see her so actively involved, lending a helping hand where she can. I wish your colleagues were the same.

It's hard to win people over whose mind is already made up. It surprises me that the office manager allows it to happen, and even perpetuates it, and the doctor is unaware (if indeed it is so!). Could it be that the doctor, whose really the one in charge, is quietly planning to put an end to it, once you are in (and perhaps they are sensing that their days are counted?). It is sooooo hard to tell from here. We are just outsiders looking in, but taking your word for it, that it is a very unpleasant environment at the moment.

While doing my work last night, the TV was idly playing along in the background. I noticed that Ripley's Believe it Or Not was on... One of the featured episodes was about a humongous Florida alligator that was found dead. When they opened him up to see what killed him they found x-hundred undigested golf balls in his stomach falling out and bouncing all over the floor... and I thought of you! It is the hundreds of tiny little undigested "golf balls" that just sit in our stomachs and eat us up until we cannot take it any longer.

Lexi is right. Perhaps it is time to call a meeting with everybody present. Just say: "I really enjoy my work here with Dr. So-And-So, and the patients, but being new, I'd like to know where exactly I stand, and how I can improve. I really can see myself in here for the long haul." He-he!!!

Now, that would blow their minds. They couldn't deny the meeting, because it's legit, not a request for a ***** session, and wham! Get them in there and have them face the music - in a professional but firm way. That should get you the respect you deserve, and some much desired answers.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Owner/Site Admin

Are You Working? Yes

Today I walked in and the doctor had pulled one of my charts with my message from a pt. on it. He told me that my office manager (who by the way is in charge)said that I needed to understand the "big picture", so I listened to the big picture. It comes down to only write the facts, on the short time i was trained, I was told that MA's write down all what the pt message is, goes gets the chart, gives it to the Dr. If there is a test, for anything we call and do the scheduling, and check the prereq with the insurance, from this we put it in the computer, fax the specialtity center, and sign off, and so does the Dr. well, he doesn't want me to call the pt about the tests, or write down all that was said. so, we decided that he and I would just go with how he wanted the messages by the pts done. He did say that he thought that I was doing great and would work out.Now I am not a tattletale, so when asked who told me to do the way I was doing, I didn't answer, so he basically guessed. The rest of the morning, we were on time, and I had all my messages done, tests in computer, and pts taken care of.The doctor even commented that I did good with the charts (his way), however, after lunch it all HIT!!!! The doctor had all his rooms full, and I couldn't do a thing about that, he stayed in one room for like 45 minutes!!! A woman waiting got upset and said she was leaving, (she had been there for about 15 minutes), I tried to tell her she was next, but she has dementia, and I could in no way stop her. I did make sure she had a Monday appt. My office manager came running out of her office screaming at me! I was making a copy for a pt.,and her exact words to me were" You were trying to hide this, and if I didn't come out of my office, you wouldn't have told me!" About 8 pts, and employees heard her, the pt. I was making a copy for took up for me--that is how loud she was. She chased the lady out the door. In the meantime, I told the Dr. that the pt had left, and that I had been jumped on by the office manager. Actually, he honestly acted like he could care less. I had to get him to sign some documents, and he had ordered a test that already had been done. I tried to talk positive, and direct, and tell him that a mistake had been made, he was frazzled by then.What got both of us is that I kept getting this chart on my desk. I called the patient and just blamed me, saying that I was new, and to forgive me. By this time, we were an hour over schedule, and still had an hour to go. My office manager came back and began to argue over a test that I had scheduled that the Dr. told me to, she came out and told me that I wasn't telling the truth!!! So, I showed her the Dr.'s instructions. She threw the chart and walked off. I finished what I could, I am off tommorrow and I know that the charts will be gone through. After the last pt. left, I went up and faxed some things, my desk was packed with charts, and the rest of the MA's had left. I overheard the doctor talking to the office manager, but couldn't tell what was said. The office manager came over to me, and stared, and guys I lost it!!! I looked at her and said"well, am I fired, or written up?" she told me no, but didn't apologize to me. I basically told her I was walking on eggshells and I didn't know how much more of being told on that I could take.I told her that I was taught to do the charts the way I was doing them, and remember my sharp box? well, we had a temp today, that said it was like that when she worked over at my desk, before I came. I told this to my office manager. I also said that I was getting charts that I shouldn't be getting, and mailing labs to pts, that the lab should be doing. She asked me who was doing this, I told her that I wouldn't lie, but not tattle either. I also told her that only 1 person there would help me and that was every once in a while. I found out my doctor is on vacation next week, noone had told me, so I asked to "shadow" an MA. She told me to just leave the whole pile of files that I had, and to go home, I wrote on all the files, to please let me handle the files Friday. The doctor was in his office, he had more files, yet complemented me on how I was writing them. Something happened between the office manager and doctor, because he always thanks me, and tells me to be careful. Today I asked if I could help, he was very somber and told me no, and that he wished he could leave. Again, my "meeting" with my doctor, went great BUT it was totally different with the office manager. I do not know if I was negative about asking if I was fired, but I cannot take the tension everyday. So, if the doctor doesn't let me go, (I guess I will know that on Friday,) then I will do as the doctor says. I already am watching everything I do, and the doctor said that he has had 5 Ma's in 3 years, and the pts have already complemented on how good I am...so that is my "novel" of how things are going. I think that the Office Manager stirs up trouble, and yes, picks at the new ones. As far as X-ray, you are right I am not going to do it, I do not want to commit myself to this place. I am just trying to get through my 90 days!!! I really, really appreciate just "venting" to everyone, my husband doesn't understand it (neither do I), and I know I cannot lose my job. But the really sad thing is I love the job,and know I can do it. Its just hard to work, when you are being spied on, talked about (the office manager and the 2 MA's) talk about me, right where I can hear. No wonder I am so paranoid. Lets just hope that on Friday, noone had gone through my things, and I still have a job. You all again, I thank you. Sorry I wrote so much. willow

Are You Working? yes

Yep, sounds like it all boils down to the office mgr.
Some people are soooo threatend by new employees.
If not for the X-ray, tell me again why you have to stay for 90 days, I forget....
If you can't make it for the 90 days please don't beat yourself up!
Keep us posted!

in most places, you have 90 days of probation, where you or your employer can fire/quit for any reason. however, in this company, you get a verbal talk if you mess up, then they give you time to fix the problem. if the problem doesn't get fixed, you get a written warning, where the office manager goes over what you did, and you and she signs. then you have time to fix the problem. then at the end of 90 days, you get a raise, and sick days, vacation days, holidays paid for. and they get rid of the written warning. before this I have never even considered the probation period, unitl now. its like do you go with the office manager rules, or the doctors rules? The doc is really nice, but is so smart at times he hasn't common sense, and forgets what he is doing. I have him on a schedule that works as long as the office manager stays out of things, and the tattletales. I did find out that the Office Manager tried to fire 3 of the MA's when they started. And if she does fire me, I am going to call the main office and tell them I didnt get Orientation. Oh, and they also pay for my MA exam after my probation period. willow

Are You Working? yes

Girl, There are to many jobs out there for MA'S, for you to be taking that BS!!! My advise is to DOCUMENT EVERY THING YOU DO! I am very computer literate, If you have anymore problems or have questions call me @404-433-8060. This is my cell so feel free to text me also. You can contact me at anytime day or night. I have 14 years experience in this game, so take advantage.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA,ERT

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Gina, thank you so much for you!!! I am terrified to go to work tommorrow, I never know what I am walking into. How can I love my job, take cae of my pts., and I do want to learn, but I do not know how in the world all this drama is going on in a Dr.'s office. Why does someone have to go through my trash? Or my stuff? and why can't they just ask while I am there? It's like they want to get rid of me. I have never (as I have said before) been in a place where I worried about a probation period! Now I am praying everyday that I can get through the day without a mistake. But I really appreciate you and believe me, you will be hearing from me! keep your fingers crossed for me. willow

Are You Working? yes

So what happened today willow???

I was off yesterday, and so was the doc, today I came in, and NOONE spoke to me, except my doctor. When I had left, I had a pile of charts that I used sticky notes to let me do them. Well, I got the pts., in as I was suppose to, and began putting tests that already had been scheduled into the computer. I kept up with the pts., and my messages.Some of my charts ha been gone through, an were done, but NOONE signed off on them!! It was wild, the 2 tattletales kept coming into the docs office and either bringing chart to HIM or taking charts. When I asked if they needed help they said NO! in unisom...so I continued to do my thing.I peeked in and noticed they were going through some charts, and then took some of my medicinre for an injection. The charts began to go down, until one of the girls brought back a black file chart FULL of charts!!! The girl put them all on his desk. the doc went and got the officer manager, who went into his office. Again, I asked if I could help her, she just said that he wondered who put all the files back there, and could I "sign" his name to tests that came back normal. She didn't seem rude,but told me that the doc ha to look at them, in which I knew. the doc is going on vacation on Wendesday, I had asked to work, the manager told me that I could Mon & Tuesday,an she would ask my doc if I could work at least Wed., in which she never asked him. great--I don't get paid for the 3 days I am off. The doc did see the way the tattlers wrote so much, he even commented on the "novel" they wrote. we got through the morning, and it was funny, all the MA's except for a floater went out to eat, and I wasnt asked. But I stayed and got alot finished. Our last patient was at four, so I faxed, made appts., and put up charts. My office manager really didnt talk to me, however, she wasn't rude. I had a pt. that is having to take a test out of state,one of my tattlers took over the chart, and it didn't get finished. The pt.s mother came and asked for a prescription for pain. I went straight to the tattler and told her about the situation, she told me to handle it!! I went out and talked to the pt.'s mother, (I had already talked to the Dr.). she was crying, and upset, but I mannaged to calm her down.This should have already been done, but they took it from me, After she left, I went to the lab, and gave back the chart and told the MA that we had to get it finished. Something happened yesterday, because the front made a comment that they were sorry I was getting lab and appt's to be made. I knew that I was talked about yesterday. I walked into the lab this morning, and the tattler, was talking about me, she turned bright red, I just told everyone "good morning" and went on my way. My office manager was there at five when I was finishing up, I asked again, to work and "shadow" a MA and she told me that I would get 2 days. Great, No pay!!! I had finished most of my huge pile of charts on the cart, and put the presciptions in the computer, I decided not to leave all those charts sitting on my cart, the front girls put them up in the mornings, so I took all the ones I was through with and put them on their cart! I left at 5:30, and like I said the main things needed were done. Its funny I got in trouble for not signing my name, however, I discovered a bunch of charts that werent signed off by the Doctor, nor the MA.I went to the doctor an asked who's writing it was, because they hadn't signed off, I also talked to a girl that does our MRI's,U/S,etc.,she told me that there was a large turnover at the place I work. and she had talked to people who were so rude that she had reported them. The doc was okay today, when I left, he was working out. I am going to go in early Monday morning, and check the files to make sure I put them in the right place.Oh, there was some "funk" all over my keyboard today, I didn't say a word, just cleaned it up. You know I really am glad I did tell the truth and told on the 2 MA's, because now the doctor can see who taught me to write my long messages, and not sign off.Now I am wondering why she won't let me work at least on Wen.see, I get these thought s in my head, like something bad is going to happen when I leave Tuesday---I hate feeling that way...I want to think positive, so I am going to. I will fill everybody in on Monday, they are saying that it is going to be VERY busy....thanks to all of you! willow Keep praying!!!!

Are You Working? yes

You should not "sign" the doctor's name to tests that came back normal (if I read that correctly!).

believe me, I do not touch the files!!!! And I make sure they have his initals on the papers. I know they are watching me, and checking my files, so I do know better. I am going to be on walking on eggshells until the 9th of September.It's like they "sneak up" to try and find me doing something wrong. I try to keep the doctor on time, he has a tendency to stay with his pts. too long, so everytime I go get another pt., I check the time, and then do what I need to to the pt.,(vitals, go over med,etc.) aand let the doctor know. I have starte to let him know that he is on time, and we are doing great. But in NO way will I do "his" paperwork, or write his prescriptions. That would be suicidal for me, because I know better, but give the ones that do not like me that reason to get rid of me. I took your advice, and although we all dint meet as a group, I am killing theM (MA's) with kindess!!! I just hate walking into a palce I never know what is going to happen next. I find myself oubting , and I hate that. I gave the doctor my transcripts with my grades an GPA (3.86),yet when I asked if she wanted it on Tuesday, she told me to hold onto it, and she would get it later. See, I hate the paranoid stuff that is in my mind!!!!

Are You Working? yes

I have been checking in on this post from time to time, things at work do not seem to be getting any better. I know you want to have your job for the long hall but you should not subject yourself to this treatment. I would get another job elsewhere; its just not worth it!!!! It sounds like the office manager is a bleep bleep too...there has got to be some one above her that you can go to...this is ridiculous and un-called for!!!! I am ashamed that these women represent themselves as medical assistants!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C

Are You Still In School? Nursing School

Are You Working? Doing free doula service

Danni and Hearts, I so agree with both of you.
Willow, take the next few days armed with your resume, and find a new position.
Why are you trying to make it to the 90 day prob. Time? Are you planning on staying there?

The stress is not worth this! I am also ashamed of these people. They don't belong in the medical field.

Are You Working? Hospital

Good morning you all and thank youll! First I would want to thank you all for the advise, and my complaining. My hisband, who works in the computer industry,(mostly men) doesn't understand why the office mananger is doing what she is doing. And I don't have family here, to go and just let all my tears shed daily, so you all have been great. Right now I am staying due to the fact that I have always kept up a job for at least 2-3 years, the latest was 7 at the hospital. It isn't going to look good that I left in the middle of my probation. So, is it a pride issue? Also, I have the hours and according to my college that I took with my Nursing, the hours and the classes to take a Certified MA exam. (Does anyone know what one?) In fact, they were surprised that I wanted to take the exam, the college that is. I cannot afford to go back and take the last class at my college. I would have to leave work, and I have just about paid off all my student loan. Plus I have one pre-teen, and a teenager, who need school stuff, and basically in truth we need the income. So, I walk in everyday praying it won't be my last, and praying I won't mess up. I have decided against the X-Ray school, due to the wonder advise I had gotten from you all, you are right, they would "own" me for at least a year. So, I pray tha tI can hold onto 6 months, and then start looking. Right now I am making 11.50, and will get a raise after 90 days, it can be from 50 cents to a dollar raise. You know this morning I was telling my husband that work wasnt that bad yesterday and it honestly scared me. of course he sighed!!! like I said he doesn't work with women, and doesn't understand. It does scare me why I cannot at least work 2 days next week, I am working Monday and Tuesday, but am off the rest of the week. You would think that the office manager would want me to "shadow" someone, she avoids my question, when I ask. See!!! I have never been paranoid, and Ihate this!!! But I have never been given a verbal, written, or anything for getting into trouble, or not performing my duties as required. And I have never worried about the 90 day probation at any other job. One girl is quitting and it makes me wonder if they are going to be interviewing next week or what--see all the wild fears going into my head. That is what I hate the most, that and the office manager smiling at me, then stabbing me into the back. If I go above her, she will automatically know and I will be let go. So I am here, and each day, I go in praying that I will remain.....thanks again you all...You all are great!!

Are You Working? yes

Willow,

I just got back from a job interview, I am so excited right now. The job opening stated, Surgical Associates opening for CMA casual. Oh boy, was it just a little off. It is: gyn/surg associates, float and casual. Suffices to say, when I was doing the female related parts of the program it was more a chance to have my classmates see me get uncomfortable than a learning experience for me. Oops, seems like I got off track. On my way back from the interview, it occurred to me that you ought to look at the 90 day period from a little different angle. I know there is the pride element, wanting to complete what you start and have a seamless time line for employment. What occurred to me after my last interview is, the interview is for me to find out about them as much as it is for them to find out about me. That made me think about a 90 day grace period in another light, it is just as much their responsibility to orient you as it is for them to scrutinize your work and work habits.

Keep your chin up, stay out of the politics and do your job. Staying in a position that you hate can affect your mindset. Having a poor outlook can be seen by interviewers. That is an all around bad situation. Don't give up, but don't be afraid to find something else either. I say you need to move on before the situation poisons your perspective and ruins your ability to get further employment.

Are You Still In School? sorta

Are You Working? not yet

you are right, the dread of going in each day is taking its toll. I have all these horrible thoughts in my head,like what is going to happen? Or I pray going to work.Today we were extremely busy due to the fact that the doc is going out of town tommorrow, he is only suppose to work 1/2 day.I had a huge pile of files. my office manager came back there looking for a file, and it wasnt there, she made a comment about my files, and i responded by telling her that what she saw wasnt as bad as it looked, she just "grunted" and went on. we were full of patients, and I got them back, faxed and searched for charts, in other words a typical monday. I turned in my transcrpits to her from my nursing, she looked at it(3.86 GPA) and she did not say a word. I also had part of my records, and had my Hep B, she proceeded to tell me that I had to have another one, I had 3, and my titer, and I know they last a lifetime. She put my records on her "pile" of stuff. the afternoon was really busy, and the charts were piled, they just kept coming and coming. About 4:0, we had an "add on patient" so, I cleaned the other rooms, and began taking charts up and began to fax. I went into the front office, and there sat 2 front office girls, who were going through the shreddar box. I walked by them to the fax machine and noticed they were pulling out all my docs papers from files. I asked what was going on, and the office manager who was in her office (2 feet away) told me that I had shredded the charts that had diagnosis, and meds, and vitals on them. the girls had already a pile and were still digging. I looked right at the manager and told her that I DIDN'T DO IT!!! she rolled her eyes, and I informed her that I do not lie, and did not even know where the papers came from, nor why they were out of the charts. By the time they were through, they papers were at least 2 inches full of papers, messages, and faxes. I went back to the doctor, did the last patient, and then went into the office to talk to him. He came right out and said that HE did it, and they weren't going to blame me, I informed him, that they had blamed me, and he told me he would take care of it. At 5:30, he finished his last patient, and walked up front to talk to the office manager. I was on the phone with a patient when he came back. He informed me that he told her that HE had gone through the charts and would contiue to, and I knew nothing about it. The doc said I was doing a great job, and he was satisfied with me, he said again that he thought he and I were going to work out just fine. I asked him the deal with the office manager, and he said that "she would come around, that the doc had been through a lot of nurses, and he thought the office manager wanted to make sure that I was doing okay." he also said that he was furious when the office manager fired his last nurse and he thought that she was "being careful" to keep him happy and make sure we got along....He brought me so many charts that when he leaves, I will be there till at least five tommorrow finishing his work. He told me not to worry, I stayed at work unitl 6:30 trying to get the most important things done. I also found out that he will be off the rest of the week after tommorrow, and on next monday. In which I don't get paid.the office manager didnt tell me, some MA did. And I found out through another girl that we have a staff meeting that noone offered to tell me about.and the girl who is leaving is leaving next monday. so, that is basically what is going on. I love my job, and got to help the doc today with several procedures. It was great!!! But then another part of me says that while I am gone, what will happen? that is the part I hate most.I want to leave tommorrow with ALL my files complete, so there is nothing left for them to get me on. my husband told me that if I left that it will look bad, that it will look like I jump to place to place. The doc and I do get along, and I am busting my butt for him, and to get all things correct. But I have no idea what this manager has against me....Keep praying for me!!! willow

Are You Working? yes

My same question still is WHY would someone want to work in this toxic office. I also have NO respect for a doctor who lets his office mgr. treat the staff HE pays. Please consider.
Your posts make me worn out-I can only imagine the stress your body is going thru. Good grief

Any response Danni?

Willow, I don't know how you do it. But you seem determined to stick it out and do a good job. I really admire you!

It sounds to me like the office manager and the other MA's are really threatened by you. Too bad for them!

I believe strongly in karma--what goes around comes around, baby! Keep doing the outstanding job you are doing! Those bitter women you work with will get what's coming to them!

Jenny

how do I put up with it? because I do LOVE the patients. they are so different and I have grown close to them. I enjoy helping them,and doing shots, sutures,etc. the doctor today had only 4 pts., but did x-rays on all of them, so when a MA does an x-ray,I have to go to their "pod" and take care of their pts., until the x-ray is through, we only have 2 x-ray techs, and one is leaving next monday.I did a EKG today, and the main doctor got all huffy because he told me that I took to long, which I took 5 minutes, and all the while getting another x-ray person to do another x-ray. my tattler came in the room while I was doing the EKG, and took over completely, she told me that I did it wrong, in which I didn't,right in front of the pt!!! she just puts on the leads different than you are suppose to, I got out 2 nursing books and the doctor agrees saying that he wanted it done the way I was doing it. I told him that the office manager, the other doc,was mad, the docs words were"I don't care what the other doctor said or the office manager", he also said that I was doing a great job, and not to worry. he was suppose to go on vacation, but at noon he was still there. I had brought him pizza, well, I think I told you all that there was a huge pile of files that he left yesterday, I finished his files for today, and began fixing the others, just making sure there were labs where labs should be, and x-rays,etc. I planned this because my office manager said I could stay all day, and so I was working on the charts. Yes, there were a bunch, 15 prescriptions that Ihad faxed, didn't go thru due to a huge lightning storm we had, so I had to refax, but the files were ALL organized. The doc came out and looked around and told me that he thought I was really going to work out, but where did all the charts come from, and what would happen if it was a normal day? I told him, that I knew it wasn't a "normal"day and I had planned and even talked about going through the charts and fixing them.he said he was "concerned" because there were so many, again I told him I had to refax lots, and it would be okay to not give up on me. (he has always took up for me with my office manager) I told him again, that I had it under control, and not panic, and not be concerned, he said ok, and I had written him a small note saying that I had to go to a meeting and keep me in his prayers about my job (I was joking) when he left, he said "well, I guess I will see you next monday", I didn't even turn around, I just told him bye and be careful. I got ALL the charts done, except like 6, the office manager came back at five, and I was on the phone with the insurance company for a pre authorization of a test,I told her that I had 3 to put in (test that were already scheduled) and then I was leaving, she said okay and she would see me next monday. I told her that I went over the charts, and worked on them, she winked at me, and left. well, after being on hold for 30 minutes, I gave up and left. I have called her cell tonight, and asked her if I can come in and have the charts ALL clear and gone before he gets back. Monday is going to be terrible, and there will be more charts, and if I could have just 2-3 hours, then I would be grateful. I am not working for 3 days, and do not get paid, so I dont think it will hurt. I will also say that the tattletalers called me over and asked about the charts, they both went through what I had, and said it was ok. I did admit that I didnt think the office manager liked me, and I was trying my best. Joann, admitted that chart that I got jumped on for, that the manager told us to leave it, when I asked her to talk to the manager, she told me no, that she didnt want to get into trouble....in other words, she knew the manager was wrong by jumping me, but wouldn't take up for me. Later jo came back and helped me with a medicine, even she did not know how to do it. she kept telling me to tell the manager, but I said no. (I think they both did).I want to do everything I can to do my job right, but I told them, I get blamed for everything , and I don't know what I am suppose to be doing. No matter what, the doc is going to clean out his charts, it just got to me that he told me about being concerned today and wondering if I can do everything that is required of me. I don't think he said anything to the manaager.He told me yesterday, that she would come around and get to like me,she is just being cautious because she wants to make sure I can do the job, I KNOW i can!!! now the doc questioned me today which really helped the self esteem, like i said before, and sorry for the repeat, but he said he thought I would be fine. But he will have forgotten about it by the time he gets back IF the manager will let me work. My head busts everyday, and everyday I think about I am going to burst out crying, being blamed again, and again. Like I said my husband said it will look really bad if I job hop, because if another employer calls them, are they allowed to tell them they didnt think I could do the job? You know, I looked at 3 MA's messages, and they were JUST like mine, and all the MA's have charts stacked up also, and their pods are messy, mine is clean, and organized.so i think I am being picked on. You think this drains you---try going in your job everyday, and knowing that you are being spied on. Noone to talk to, and noone you can trust!!! I am hoping I can hold on to 6 months, but I haven't even made my 90 days yet...who wants to trade jobs?? cross your fingers that I can go in tommorrow, I need the hours, pay and to make my pod look good.thanks you all.....willow

Are You Working? yes

hey everybody!!! I think I have told you all that I have been off since Wendesday, I think I have also told you all that I called ny office manager's cell phone asking to come in and finish a couple of things before the doc comes back, and that the office manager never called me back. Well, I called a MA at the office, and trusted her(might be a mistake) but asked if she had heard anything, she hadn't and told me she would let me know. Her doctor as well as mine, are the busiest ones in the office, and she always leaves when I do; might I add she has piles of charts on her pod, yet no one says anything to her. Anyway it is Sunday morning, and I have prayed all week! I am not sure if the doctor went in over the weekend, or what. I do know that he is going to be working 1/2 day tommorrow. My mind is racing at all the things that "might" happen. I am not going to lie and say I dread it, because I do. I have looked in the paper, and found 2 other MA jobs, so I might be sending my resume soon. However, the other part of me, wants to believe that can do this.I went and got my evaluations from my hospital files. I am going to wait until I find out what is going on tommorrow,before I turn them in, I know I won't find out tommorrow, because it will be crazy, so it might be Tuesday before I know. Or the office manager might "pull" me after the doctor leaves. I had said it over and over, I only had 3 things to enter into the computer, and a thing to fax. I am hoping that someone got my messages(they do anyway when I am there, so hopefully they did it when I was gone), but if they didn't want to do it, then they probably told on me.And I am worried if the doc said something about the files I was fixing and how he was "concerned" last week. I have gone over and over in my head the files that I have, and the speech I will give to my office manager if she ask why I stayed so long. I am going to tell her that I re-faxed, and that I just wanted a clean basket of files. My husband has told me just to go in, get started and not say a word to the office manager about me calling her, or why she didin't call me back. I am really nervous, so keep me in your thoughts and prayers please!!! I don't even want to be written up, or a verbal (verbal is first), I just know that I want to do my job, I know I can do this job, I just want to be able to do it, and not be watched every second. Again, Please you all, keep me in your thoughts!!! willow

Are You Working? yes

Hang in there Willow! Just go in and do your usual outstanding work. Your doc is on your side, so fear not!! :)

Jenny

Are You Still In School? yes

walked into work yesterday,and yes, I had this terrible "gut " feeling. on my time clock, was a sticky note telling me to come in her (office managers office)my time card was gone, so I knew. I looked back, and she was there with the tattletalers, and they quickly looked down, I refused to be upset, so I held my head up high and went to her office. There were a stack of my charts on a chair, i looked through 3 of them, and one of the tattletalers had written something on each of them. judy came in , and i asked if those were my mistakes, she said no, but closed the door, began talking how sweet and "precious" I was, however, it just wasn't working out. she said that she had gotten a complaint where a phone message wasn't called back, I asked who and when, but she just shook her head, and said "it doesn't matter, you are better in a hospital". She said that messages were always returned on the same day, I told her that I did that, and then she said that i left at five,(normal time) and why. I explained to her that I had to re-fax due to the storm the night before, and a lot of times people either lie about not being called back, or they don't listen to their answering machine. She has tried this one before. Again, I asked if they were the charts sitting there, and she said no. She said that she knew it would not work out, but the doctor liked me, and wanted to keep me. Again, I told her that I would like to know the message, but she shook her head no, and said "lets just forget the whole thing", they had some of my books that I had brought in, so I asked for them, she couldn't find them, so I walked back to my pod, and got them....its funny everyone knew, because they were hiding!!!! she wanted to carry my stuff, and I told her thank you, but no, and proceeded to the door, well she followed me, I told her she did not need to. About this time my doc pulled up, she tried to get me to leave, but I wanted to tell him goodbye. judy got up between us, and the dr looked at me, and told me that something made him pray for me, I thanked him, and he asked me where I was going, I told him that judy let me go and he shouted"NO!!" and judy said yeah, its just not working, well i went to my car, i saw judy go inside, and the doc came over to my car, knocked on the window and said that he had NO idea that this was going on, he said that judy had made little comments about getting rid of me, and he ignored them, and now he shouldn't have.He kept telling me that it looked bad on him, that they were hiring #6, and that the pts., had a survey,and they chose me for the best MA in the office!! He told me that he was sorry over the files, that I was right, that he tried to call me on Tuesday afternoon, but the front office wouldn''t let him through!!! So he came in sunday,and puts about 5 files on the labs pod, and the rest in the front office. The doc told me that he wanted to let me do more "nursing" and quit taking messages for the labs, when the lab people should be doing it. The doc wrote judy a letter stating that he wanted me to focus more on helping with sutures,on small surgeries,etc. that the lab people were bringing stuff to me that I shouldn't be doing. I told him that it was okay, he said it wasn't that judy promised him that she would never fire his nurses like he did the last one. The doctor was angry and I warned him over the tattletalers and told him to be careful. The doc told me that he was looking to leave the Company, and told me that he would try to check into it, and call me next week. He told me to use him for a reference, and that he would give me the best one. Well, I called HR and asked them what "discharged" meant because thats all judy wrote. HR had no idea!! So, today I called judy and asked if I was insuborunation, or harmed a patient in anyway. she told me no, that that wasnt it.that she would be calling tom and elaine over a re-hire and tom the gentleman from HR would let me know tommorrow. I asked for a copy of the paper, that if she wrote anything else, I would like to know. TOm assured me that he would and let me know if the company would re-hire.judy was rude, but she did take my call, and said she would call. they did ask me if I was written up and I told Tom no. He told me to give him a couple of days and he would call me back.But I know that judy will do anything to "hide" her paperwork that got rid of me, and she could have told them anything at HR, or to the dr., and it would cover her butt. So, now I have to wait until the next couple of days for this Tom at HR to return my call, and tell me why she didn't fill out the paperwork besides just checking"discharged", and then I have to hope that its not bad!!!!! good grief-----wish me luck!!! willow

Are You Working? yes

Good grief! sounds like a soap opera! I'm glad your Doctor in shining armor came to rescue you!!

Run, don't walk...
Who in their right mind would WANT to work there?

Good grief.
A doctor who can't get an out-going line in his own office? What is this a Stephen King movie?

I hope you now move on. Don't go back there. An office like this has a terrible reputation with the patients. Who would want to be assosciated with this office?....NOT ME! Not on my resume!

Jenny & Lexi, yeah its sounds creepy, but I swear it happened. Can you imagine working, doing your job and looking up to see your office manager watching you? Or I would be in a room, removing sutures, and she would not even knock, just come in! Then when I was finished with the patient, she would be super nice, yet "stab that knife in my back a little more". And she ALWAYS told me if I had a question to ask, well, that was "bad" to. Yeah, they wouldn't let the doctor talk to me on Tuesday night they would not put him through!!! (last week when he went on vacation), and no, they won't let him talk to anyone, they even take messages for HIS wife!!!Plus they opened my mail that was taped and marked confidential for me only... I did finish my hours and sent my trsnscripts to the NHA to go for my certification of MA,(does anyone know anything about that one?) anyway, he(the Dr.) did sign it last week, and I sent it off. Now, the NHA WILL be calling him, I am praying that they will let him talk to them, or at least take a message for him.I hope he will remember everything we talked about, I meant to make him a copy, but I didn't know that Monday I was going to be "dismissed",plus he stays so busy, that I hope he okays everythng. I still haven't heard from the "investigation" of me being let go. I just wanted to know if I could be a re-hire for the Company, like I said there are a bunch of Dr.'s here, that work for this Company.I didnt want a "investigation", just a re-hire, with the Company. I did tell the HR man, that she called me "sweetie, honey and all) yeah, as she KICKED me out the door!!!! But you all are right, they keep a VERY close eye on him.(the doctor). He did try to take up for me, but as a Office Manager, she can say or do anythng on my record, and the Dr. would not know.She told him that as long as He and I got along, and I helped him double his patients, that we were a good team, the doctor did ask the office manager to stay out of our "daily" workload, and let the doctor train ME his way, well, he wasn't there when she let me go, and about died when he pulled up and saw me with my stuff!!!He was going to try and find out, but like I said, they were on him because he helped out people that couldnt pay. I do have an interview today, as a GI tech. The dr. told me to use him as a reference, but they won't let him go through!!! I miss the doctor, becausse we worked good together, and I miss the patients like CRAZY!!!!The pt.s even told the front desk to let me stay, and the doctor that becasue I did my job, knew how, and cared. You dont know how many pts told me that the MA's there don't smile, and how refreshing it was to see a smile. It's just with this recession, she knew that I needed this job, and she should of did a verbal, then a written warning, to give me a chance, instead I got the boot. My husband says to go on, because I wasn't like the other MA's and forget about the job. I will as soon as I see what is on my record, and I know I can get a re-hire,within the Company, if not I think I need a copy to tell me why. I wish the Dr. would go out on his own, as he had said and call me. I reckon this is just freaking me out, because this has NEVER happened before. Yeah, it isn't going on my resume. If anyone knows about the MA test I am getting ready to take,let me know. I had to have a certain amount of hours,which I did, and phelebotomy,(show how many sticks,) and so many EKG's, and my hospital (CNA plus extern R.N.) and my transcripts from Nursing school. If you all know anything let me know....thanks you 2!!! for the support...willow

Are You Working? yes

I would be contacting the labor board and a lawyer; what these people are doing is wrong wrong wrong and if you don't do somting about it they will just do it to someone else!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C

Are You Still In School? Nursing School

Are You Working? Doing free doula service

I just got through going to an interview for a GI tech. I think it went pretty well, BUT I have to call them to get my TB test. They still haven't called me over the HR "investigation", and I wanted to use the Dr. for a reference. I am terrified to call the place!!! I know I have to call, and get my TB shot that I just had. And hopefully they hadnt told the Dr anythign bad about me, because the dr said that he said I could use him for a reference.They have already did it to his 2 old nurses that were there.But it's my word against the office managers, plus the other MA's who didn't like me. What gets me, is that this job that I came from, gives you 2 months orientaion!! And I have experience!!! they want you to have the job and are willing to work with you. Now why can the other place have been like that???? willow

Are You Working? yes

Go to the health dept for TB test. I wouldn't count on getting a ref from the doc if no one can talk to him.
Also, I'm with Hearts. Go to the labor board. It is sad if this happens to someone else. This is considered a "Hostile Work Place".

This is not only considered a hostile work place but, it is also harassment on the job!! And it is illegal in most States per your local Dept Of Labor!!! They cannot do this to you and get away with it. It is time to set your foot down - period. Tell your employer, (the one who signs your paycheck) of the working conditions that are going on there and what you are having to endure DAILY. If he or she does nothing and allows this "mental form of harassment" to continue... -- Call the Dept. Of Labor and report everyone envolved in this employment nightmare! You DO NOT need to develop your own health issues by putting up with this daily stress. No job or amount of pay is worth this horrible mental treatment!!!! Go back to school and finish. GOOD LUCK TO YOU Willow!

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Yes, Willow. I was wrong when I said hang in there for the experience. I could not imagine that this would escalate in such hell.

Yes, I would consult a lawyer ASAP before they get a chance to falsify your employee files, subpoena your records (time cards as well as evaluations), and sue. Luckily, you also have kept a nice little record of events here in the forum to go back and recall the horrible events and treatment you have received.

Law suits can be a pain, and I an one who won't be quick to sue, but it looks as if you have a case. This JUST WAS NOT right AT ALL.

I am so sorry this happened.

one word, Shameful.

Are You Still In School? waiting on my Certification from AAMA

Are You Working? not yet

well the latest is that I called yesterday morning, and asked to speak to my doctors nurse, they put me through. I left a message asking for my TB record to be sent to me and gave them 2 fax numbers. I also "hinted" to the doctor that I had applied for a job, and needed to let him know, that I used him for a refernce. (he told me to). well, its awful funny, I didn't get a call back,after I got blamed for doing just that, not returning calls, and a fax wasn't sent. Today (saturday morning) about 11:00 EST, the main HR guy called and said that he had talked to me on the 29th, over the "investigation(?)", and that he was working on saturday and was getting back with me. As I have said before, "Judy" told me on the phone, that it had nothing to do with harming a patient nor anything bad on my behalf. That Judy, the office manager would call and get it straightened out. Well, I immediately called today, and the HR guy had left. I missed his call by 2 minutes. And then it was funny, but the doctor's wife called me and said that the doctor had asked her to call me, and if I was okay, we talked, and she said that the doctor was still very upset due to the fact, he had NO idea, and still didn't know why I was let go. I asked his wife, if the doctor would call me,if he heard anything. The dr,'s wife said "of course" and she even offered to fax me a reference from him, and he was going to try and get my TB test results. I told her and all of you, that it is my biggest fear that she will put anything down on my record,my old office manager, or get one of her "favorites" to do it. And yes, I am terrified that she has put something bad on the file of mine that I put a pt. in harm. I did tell the dr.'s wife that the office manager keeps things from the dr., and he probably wont ever find out why I was let go. I didn't want a "investigation" just a simple re-hire with this Company,since there are many Dr.'s offices that work with this Company. You all are right, the office manager can accuse me of anything. I did leave a message on HR today, asking them to call me on Monday. It's funny I was let go on the 28th, however, on the 27th, MY job was posted! And my office manager had called HR the minute I left. For my sake, and keep my "name" I really need to know what happened. And yes, after that I will be calling a attorney. You all please keep me in your thoughts, I want the whole thing over with, yet, I want to protect my name and my care of the pts.If the office manager blames me on the second stick during an injection, I will tell HR the same thing that I reported to my doctor, I aspirated, got blood, and restarted with the new needle, and shot. I did it like the books told me to, plus the manager was out that whole week with a migraine. All I know, is that I am ready for Monday to hear what this guy at HR has to say. I will let you know and go from there. Again, thank you , and please keep me in your thoughts. willow

Are You Working? yes

well after waiting a week, and being ignored, I finally got a hold of HR today. I was told that I was better off in a hospital, than a Dr.'s office. "Tom" told me that my office manager had talked to me time and time again, (now this is a lie), he also said that I had not answered phone calls from a previous day, yet answered them the next day. And he admitted that they were pts., making appts, not even for me!! My office manager also admitted that she didn't like me, that I was "too nice and sweet" and it was bad enough that the dr I worked with took his time with the pts. She did admit that the pts., complimented me, and I did a great job with them. She said that I had put papers in a wrong file, (like a lab paper in the lab tab), and that the doctor had cleaned out the charts, however, the office manager blamed me. I called the dr.'s wife saturday and asked if I could still use him as a reference, and as of Saturday, they still had not told my doctor why she let me go. I did have a restick, I think I told everyone that in giving an injection, I pulled back and aspirated, got blood, so I immediately stopped, got another syringe and med, needle and did the injection at another site. My office manager didn't have to know, just the doctor according to the Company's rules. However, she told HR, that I told noone. I quietly told HR that it was documented, and I went straight to the doctor the minute it happened.It wasn't on a incident report, because the doctor made that choice. And My manager was out the whole week with a migraine headache. I listened as HR said that I used a piece of paper that they were no longer using, and that I had left an X-ray out (in a manilla folder on a cart.no name was showing) So, those are the reasons I was "dismissed", the manager said that I listened to the doctor, and she was right about that, you see, she told me one thing, and then he told me another. Like the charts and he took out what he wanted to, the very last day we talked of what a great job I was doing, and how proud he was that we made such a great team. I told him about the phone calls, and he even said that HE heard me calling people back all the time. I asked for a copy of this and was told no. So I asked HR to listen to my side. He listened, and agreed that the manager didn't know the pts., name of who I gave an injection to, nor that the Dr. knew. He then admitted to me that the manager wasnt "hinting" to me, but to my dr., in which I knew, and he (the dr) told me "he blew her off", so in conclusion, I asked my doc for a reference, no I take that back, he offered, and was suppose to get a hold of me this week. I have no idea what they did to the charts, or "paper" they were talking about, I just knew that I did the things that MY doctor told me to do. In the end, it cost me being "dismissed" however, I was honest, and knew that I did nothing but take care of the patients and their charts. So, I am looking. My husband is furious over the way I was treated, and the Dr., was too, but you really have to wonder what he is seeing or they are letting him see. I hope he doesn't believe them. HR did tell me that if I use them to say I worked there, they will not give a hostile reference, due to the fact that this is the 6th nurse the doctor has had, and the office manager has been reported more than once. He did do that for me. Lets just hope like I said that he(the doc) will come thru for me in a reference, plus he signed my NHA papers for my exam. I still haven't recieved my TB results from them, nor has anyone called me over them.And they told me I didn't call back!!! thanks to all of you---willow

Are You Working? no

Willow, maybe your doc will help you out with the TB test results.

I still can't believe that, after all the times the office manager has been reported, that she still works for the company. Seems to me like they will get rid of MA's pretty quick for no reason. No wonder nurses wouldn't stay.

Good luck finding a better job for yourself! You deserve it!

Jenny

Are You Working? yes, in an unrelated field

Everybody who has read my "blog" knows how bad my job was. Or rather not the job, but the Manager. So, I need opinions. Here goes:The Company has sent me a exit interview form. It involves a lot of questions concerning the place I worked, the people, management, and the doctor. I don't mind the doctor part, however, I want to tell the truth about the way they treated me. And like I said in my last "blog" the office manager made up all kind of lies. They have slandered my name, plus my reputation. When I asked for a copy I was told no. However, the manager cannot come up with any names that I apparently mistreated by not calling back. Yet, she reports it on my file. Okay, So, do I tell the truth,to protect the other poor soul coming in, or do I just keep quite and let things be? Any information will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Are You Working? no

You expose the dishonesty and the lack of integrity for what it is. Do not let anyone else go through what you did.

I also believe the MD knows a lot more than what he lets on. I feel he takes the easy way out-by turning a blind eye. I would not put my life or the lives of my family members in his hands.I don't care how "nice" he was. What a wussy.

DO THE RIGHT THING!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech CNA

Are You Still In School? Will complete my BSN Dec. 08

thank you lexi, that is what I wanted to do. I have always been honest, and this has been eating at me. I really appreciate your opinion. you are also right, I think the Doctor is now just waiting to leave, and hiding his head in the sand. again, I thank you. willow

Are You Working? no

YOU GO GIRL!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech CNA

Willow, as healthcare workers, it is our responsibility to be honest and uphold justice for everyone, even ourselves.
You owe it to yourself, as well as to any other employees in that office (past, present and future) to tell the truth about that office manager. It is amazing to me that, after the bad turnover rate in that office, that she hasn't been investigated before now.

Go for it!!

Jenny

Jenny B,
You know you and Lexi are right, like I said I am not really sure what is all on my file, and what they put down. I do know alot is slander, and she put down pts., names that I "supposeably" never called back. Now I know for sure that was a lie, because the HR guy admitted she didn't know of dates when they called, or why. They were not listed. And she has kept me from getting unemployment all this time due to the fact she listed a 90 day probabtion, and said I wasn't fired, just not "working out for HER" and I have quoted her words. And thank goodness on my calender, that I kept a record when she was there and when she was not,because she has sworn to HR, that she had a "verbal" talk with me, on the day she was out with a migraine. I never signed a verbal, nor did she ever talk to me. Like I said, the problem deals with the Company; in my "small town", you have 2 large Doctor Offices to go to. One is with a group, that I have applied for, so cross your fingers. The other one is this Company, and HR, will give my name out to the person/place I apply to, in other words, HR wont tell them anything about me, Judy will. In my resume, I am asking that they talk to my Doctor. But you know, right now I know he wants out, and is keeping his nose clean! I have learned from this horrible experience this: that Judy tried (and almost succeeded) in breaking my self-esteem, and the second, is that no matter how hard you try, and you know in your mind and heart, you are doing your job correctly, that if the Manager doesn't like you, or the other MA's, you don't stand a chance. I looked over my evaluations from the hospital years (5 1/2),and all was written was good things and how I helped, was part of a team, and went "beyond" to get the job done. I beleive everything that happens to a good person by a bad person, it always comes around sooner or later. I am going to be professional in my exit, yet honest. And pray for the right job. I know I wasn't the only one this happened to, but I would of thought that the Doctor would of said something, and called me, or all 3 of us went in and discussed what happened. Like he told me before, she would complain, and he ignored her.And you know what? To this day, I feel in my heart that I DID help the patients, and they have asked about me. I thank you both for caring. Never will I let my guard down again though!! willow

Are You Working? no

Willow-Include the great evaluations the hospital gave you in your resume. Because of the amount of time at that job 5.5 years, a prospective employer may not even have a need to call "Judy".

And for all of us, remember to always

DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT! Always CYA!

okay, there aren't any jobs in this community...hopefully it is because of the recession. I am not real sure. I do know that I applied for unemployment and finally got thru to the unemployment office in Nashville Tn.,they took my info about what the office manager did to me, and then were sending her a "form" for her side of the story. I told the unemployment people of how my office manager lied on the HR form, yet refused me a copy. I haven't heard anything from anyone!! I did have a GREAT interview; however, they put the ad back in the paper supposeably to get more applications to "get the best one". When I left the interview, the HR at the Dr.'s office told me that I would be perfect at the job....so how come they put it back into the paper? I am confussed, bummed and ready to work. I am terrified that the office manager will try to get me turned down with my unemployment. My family is starting to feel the "crunch" of this, is anybody else out there mixed up and cannot find a job? Hey, I really need lots of prayers and wishes that she has some kind of heart in that body of hers, and either get unemployment; until I find a job. Anybody out there want to give any kind of advice? I really need it. By the way, the main HR of the Company I worked for knows that "Judy" lied on things on my form. I don't know if that will help or not....I will take ANY advice!! Thanks!! willow

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA

Are You Working? no

If you were fired and you documented everything you will get unemployment. Although the state of Tn. pays
terrible unemployment wages. It could take 4-6 weeks.
You are in the same boat as many others because of the economy. My best friend works for a private practice and said their patient ratio has dropped because people cannot manage co-pays etc. We are in sad times. Good luck.

thanks Lexi, I am just scared that "Judy" has put anything in my file. The unemployment people told me that everything should be okay UNLESS judy has placed something in the file. I am SO glad that I put everything in this forum, because the "witnesses" at the Dr.'s office won't stick up for me. It's been 2 weeks and you are right, there aren't any jobs out there. But thank you for lending me your ear and the kind words. willow

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA

Are You Working? no