This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lack of experience

just graduated as Medical assistant, I have good reviews on my resume but keep getting lack of experience what can i do to get my foot in the door to get hired. single mom needing money fast

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Licensed Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? looking

Re: Lack of experience

First a gentle reminder-we are CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANTS not LICENSED!!! Make sure you do not have that on your resume. There is no licensure yet for MAs.

Did you do an internship? If so, put every bit down on your resume and applications. Make it look awesome.
Next call some medical staffing agencies. They can usually help in promoting you when trying to fill a postion. Do not go to any agency that charges a fee!!
Two to look at are:

Medical Solutions
At Work Medical Staffing

Look them up on-line get the number and make an appt. to meet with a staffing rep! Good Luck!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech CNA

Are You Still In School? Will complete my BSN Dec. 08

Are You Working? yes. hospital ER

thanks for the info will look them up.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: national registered medical assistant

im located in the kansas area so these did not help. I have went to a staffing company so they can place me on different locations, the pay is decent but looking for somewhere to settle at for a carreer.

Try yahoo, hotjobs, monster, and indeed.com
they all list CMA jobs by state and area!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech CNA

Are You Still In School? Will complete my BSN Dec. 08

Are You Working? yes. hospital ER

I thank you, I'm on every job board i can think of Job USA, JOB.COM, 3 STAFFING co. and networking

Lexi, that was excellent advice. Many overlook that the externship/internship counts as experience, and certification is a valid way to document your qualifications.

Thanks.

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

sounds crazy, but did you try craigslist? or do what i did for my extern. If you have the time and the gas money to do it, Go to local Clinics, Small Private practices, even the Urgent care clinics, and give them (more specifically the manager, NOT an employee!) your resume, cover letter, as well as a letter or recommendation. You do not need to have your address on it for privacy reasons, just a phone number and email. along with your first and last name. Whatever you do, DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY on your resume. Sounds like a given to most of us, but unless they ask for an interview and set one up for you, dont give anyone your S.S.
Best of luck
Raquel