This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ANYONE TAKING THE CMA exam in OCTOBER?

I am signed up or it, so i was wondering what books would be helpful to read to prepare. I feel as If I will never be ready. Did anyone take and pass the CMA exam last April, and study from the booklet the AAMA sent you in the mail to "practice study"?
I have been doing the CD that came with my book that I am studying on, It's called "medical assisting exam review for CMA and RMA Certification" by Helen J Houser and Janet R Sesser.
Any helpful hints?
How many questions?
Do they ask a LOT of front M.A stuff, and EKG questions?

Help!

I need to pass to get a job! Its been 3 months since I graduated, and no luck yet.
My last hope is to be a CMA, to increase my chances of getting hired.

Thanks a billion for reading, and thanks in advance for replying!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Re: ANYONE TAKING THE CMA exam in OCTOBER?

I see you read my posts, lol. so if you are already a CMA, please please tell me at lease what book you recommend reading.
I would appriciate it so much. It's not like im asking for the answers..

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

The tests are always different so what was on mime or someone elses could all be different. My exam had MANY questions on EKGs and none on drug calcs. I used flash cards so I could study anywhere. If your school has a study review the night before-go to it. These are way beneficial.Or find a study buddy. This always helps me!!

Good luck!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech CNA

Are You Still In School? Will complete my BSN Dec. 08

Are You Working? yes. hospital ER

thanks!

Are You Still In School? n

Are You Working? y

The book that they sent me was very helpful. I went over all of my notes/note cards/teacher hands from the past year of class. There was a lot of administrative stuff on the exam that I took.

Best of luck!

I know. I am taking the practice exam now from the CMA booklet they sent me. and so far, I have done 200 questions, and missed 70. BAD!!!!
When I go over the answers, I guess it makes sense, and some of it I just didn't know at all. I missed a lot of admin stuff, and general. I know my clinical stuff so I hope when I finish the next 100 questions I do better!
Thanks.

Well, just took it. and i found that all the pracice exam books in the world didn't even cover half of what was on the exam. Bummer.

they ask random questions i feel, and the fact that I bought like, 4 different (and expensive) practice books and they didnt ask the most important questions that any M.A should know. There are too many administrative questions on there that only an experience M.A or an M.A.A would know. I feel as if they really need to revise it and keep the clinical and general stuff complicated and ease up on the advance Administrative questions.

Hollie,
What exam did you take? I am a CCMA-C California Certified Medical Assistant, Clinical. Granted I have been certified since 2002 so I do not remember the specifics of the exam I took, but I know I did not have any administrative questions because I did not take the administrative exam...I took the basic, which everyone has to take, and the clinical, which is what I specialized in (why my title is CCMA-C; some people are CCMA-A which means they specialized only in administrative, and then there are some that are CCMA-AC...I am guessing you can figure that one out). I could have taken all three exams but I know I was mostly going to be working the clinical positions (my school taught us both clinical and administrative aspects of medical assisting) and most of the administrative jobs where I work are clerical, not requiring a certified MA...although I did work with one before she moved away. When I was taking my nursing pre-requs I was working part time and doing Clinical and Administrative, no one cared that I was only certified in clinical.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA0-C

Are You Still In School? Nursing school BSN

Hi Everyone
Some one said they have a cma booklet with the question. can you please tell me the name of the book or sent me the question? Thank You

Are You Still In School? y

Are You Working? y

what booklet the AAMA sends a booklet I never got one and I am taking the test Monday am so nervous has anyone taking the test recently what more should I study drug calculations?? Dx??? what the heck is on this test I just want to be certified Help me anyone what is on this test or round about

Your Professional Title/Credentials: associates degree medical assistant

Are You Still In School? going for CNA

Are You Working? no

Maria, I never received a booklet either. My test is scheduled for the 16th of January. Good Luck!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Rogers what did u study I have studies so much but from reading other poeples reply to the test I am freaking out

Your Professional Title/Credentials: associates degree medical assistant

Are You Still In School? going for CNA

Are You Working? no