This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I passed!

I passed the CMA exam!!! I just got my results in the mail today!

YAYAYAYAY!

Re: I passed!

CONGRATS, SYBIL!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech CNA

Are You Still In School? Will complete my BSN Dec. 08

Are You Working? yes. hospital ER

Congrats! I live in Oregon and haven't heard yet. I just called them on Friday and they said it would be a couple of more weeks. Maybe I will find out tomorrow.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Great job, congrats!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RN

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

I received my results today and I passed too! Now I can start studying for my X-Ray stuff. Thanks to everyone that posts on this board, I discovered this board about 1 month into my schooling and so I was forewarned about the difficulty of the exam and to work extra hard to find a job. Funny but when I signed up for school I was told how much in demand Medical Assistants were and the employers were just waiting with open arms, lol.

Are You Working? yes

Congrats!!!!! I took mine just a couple days ago, and am waiting. Wish me luck!!!! I hope you find a great job....Cross your fingers for me.

Are You Working? no

Congrats to all of you who just passed the test. I am just starting my program in 2 weeks. I have already completed 2 classes online this summer.

I am going to our local community college. I am nervous and excited. There are jobs in the paper every week here in Cincinnati for Medical Assistants and I am seeing more and more how they want CERTIFIED assistants, which I think is great and will hopefully pay more!

Congrats again!
Missy

Are You Still In School? yes

great job!
I take mine next month.
What book (if any) did you study from the most?
Did you take the practice exam they sent you, and did
you find that they actually DID ask questions on the exam that they said were not going to be on there (that were on the practice exam). Make sense??

I studied from the guide that they sent me from the AAAMA. I looked at the guide and said well, what isn't on here? LOL.

I studied long and hard because I didn't want to have to take it again and especially after having to wait a long time for the results. I just pretended I didn't pass the first time and gave it everything I had. I was in the 99th percentile and I easily studied over 200 hours to know everything I could possibly know. I do recall there being a LOT of administrative stuff on there.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Working? yes

Well done, Sybil!!!

Jenny

Sybil,

Congratulations!!!

I have been on vacation, out in southern central Oregon, about 50 miles from civilization. We have had no services for about 2 weeks. I went into Lakeview Oregon, to get a tire fixed, and my cell phone went off as soon as I got service. It was a text from a classmate who had received her results, she passed too. I texted my daughter and asked her to check the mail, I had mail from AAMA too. It was painful but I completed our vacation and then came home to a stack of mail.

Wahoo! I'm certified to.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Working? not yet

Congrats! Studying for the exam now. For those who passed the exam - what book did you use to study from? I've been looking at either Saunders or Lippencott. Is the info from the book anything like the exam? Thanks

Check out the thread, "Anyone taking the MA exam in October"-lots of good info! Goodluck!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech CNA

Are You Still In School? Will complete my BSN Dec. 08

Are You Working? yes. hospital ER

Congratulations!!!!

I see, some hard-working and great forum members got their CMA!!!! It's nice to know you finally got your credentials.

Now, don't you all forget to come back here - you hear???

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Site Admin

I finished school in 2007 and have not taken the test yet, plan on taken it in feb. please anyone tell me what i need to study or focus more on.

thank you.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: ma

Are You Working? yes

This site is an excellent tool to use when you are prepping for your exam!

I am also sure you have great review notes from school etc!! Check and see if your school has a review you can attend. Good luck

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Are You Still In School? Will complete my BSN December 2008 Then it is off to pass the nclex

Are You Working? yes. Hospital Clinic

Sybil, what material did you use to study for the exam? I will take the test in 2 weeks. I'm afraid that I'm going to study alot of things that won't be on the test. Can you please let me know what you used to study?

Thanks,

S Rodgers

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Congratulations Sybil, CMA, Jefff, CMA and Rebecca, CMA!!!!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: BS, AD, CPNCC, CNMA

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes

anyone please send info on the cma exam, plan on taking in feb. 2009.

thank you

Your Professional Title/Credentials: ma?cna

Are You Still In School? starting over

Are You Working? yes

please email me any info you may have to help me pass the test in mar. thank you

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CNA/MA

Are You Working? yes