This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Resume Scanning

Does anyone know key words that should appear in your resume so that it won't get rejected with organizations that scan resumes to weed them out quicker? I have sent atleast 20 resumes out to different hospitals in my area (South jersey) and only 4 said I met the qualifications and will contact me if they want to interview me but when I went on their website to check my status the NEXT day I was denied! I've even been denied for file clerk, receptionist, dietary and food service, I got the line "we picked someone more qualified for the position!" How is that possible? I feel like the hospitals may be scanning resumes and mine is lacking something or my school is hurting me. What should i do?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Administrative Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Re: Resume Scanning

I'll bite on this one.

I have seen where a position is changed from .8-64hrs/pp to 1-80 hrs/pp. The boss knows exactly who they want, but they make their .8 employee reapply for their own job. You saw the posting, they were required to make by law, and you have applied for the job with full qualifications.

Another scenario is, on a lateral move within an organization they hire from someone who saw the posting in house. They don't have to do a background, drug test or ask for a work history.

Once the internal shuffling is done, what is left are the job postings that are really true openings.

Good luck in your search.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Re: Resume Scanning

Thanks jeff

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Administrative Medical Assistant

Are You Working? no