This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I have a Guestion

I am a medical assistant in new york, i recently graduated. I "volunteer" at a doctor's office. the current medicaL ASSISTANT is going to leave b.c of maternal leave for 3 months. my manager, the doc's wife, might give me her job for 3 months. You see, she wants to give me her job b/c im prob the only one that will get paid only 8.50 a hour, dats cheap. However, ever since she has offered me this future 3 month job for minimum wage, she has been treating me very badly. I feel humiliated and my self esteem gets very low b.c of her. the business is also slow b,c patients dont come as often. should i continue going through her moodswings or should i just tell her off? pls tell me as soon as possible bc i dont have much time left..

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Re: I have a Guestion

I would not tell her off. You would loose your job and could not use her as a reference. Plus its not very professional, maybe this is why you are only getting minimum wage and the other girl was getting $8.50. Have you asked her why you are getting minimum wage for a job that the person you are replacing gets $8.50 for? Maybe you should KINDLY point out that it would be difficult for her to find some one that would only want a job for three months and that you are a big contribution to the team...maybe you should shine, then maybe the job would turn out to be permanent instead of part time....

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA0-C

Are You Still In School? Nursing school BSN

Re: I have a Guestion

Are you applying elsewhere? I would be...

Some of the BS folks put up with, really leaves me at a loss.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes