This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
quit ma school

I had been going to a private school for three months and waqs fine. studied front office. started back office and started crying alot and have anxiety attacks. was fine before this. Felt really uncomfortable in class like i did n't fit in. my grades were ok and passed the phlebotomy state exam. nobody semed to care and i quit. i feel better now. the dr put me on xanex and i couldn't work with needles on that- too drowsy. but the school didn't care if i used venipunctures while on this. I think the school was out for the money. they had a disabled man who couldn't use his hands well and was very shakey in my class. I also heard that there is a very high turnover in this field with the high stress and low pay. I will not repeat the class as they would charge an arm and a leg any way! I want to go in a diferent direction but dont know what. history of clinical depression and anxiety. hard life with no suppport.

Are You Still In School? no

Re: quit ma school

That is so sad.

You gotta do what you gotta do... stress will do some wild things to a body.

Wish you the best in what ever you do.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes