This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
College I chose or Grades Ive made?

I am a MA student, and have a way to go before graduation... however after reading several posts, it seems some places do not hire you, simply based on the school you attended. To me thats crazy and I must say, i really think they should pay more attention to the applicants grades. I am from a small town in VA, and there is only ONE local college that provides MA in my area and it is a Tech college. I am only 22, I work 40(+) hrs a week plus attend college and am going thru my first pregnancy right now..and still manage to make A-B's. Is the college i chose really what the employers look at more so than my grades and qualifications??

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assisting Student

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes

Re: College I chose or Grades Ive made?

I have been in this industry for six years now. What most employers want is a CERTIFIED medical assistant.
Most employers will not care where you went to school or what your grades were, because the end result is YOU have to PASS the National Certification Exam and that is what counts.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Are You Still In School? Will complete my BSN December 2008

Are You Working? yes. I work agency. (Hospital Clinic for 6 years)