This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Becoming a Medical Assistant Instructor

I am medical assistant, I graduated 10 years ago. I'm looking to reaching another level in my life and becoming a educator in the field (Medical Assistant instructor). I will like to know were should I started. I sent my resume out to the Tech schools and community colleges. I will like to hear from Medical Assistant instructors please.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistamt

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Re: Becoming a Medical Assistant Instructor

I am not an instructor but I can tell you that in my state you have to be an RN to teach the second level of Medical Assisting which includes injections, blood draws, medications, clinical placements, ect. The first semester which was all fundamentals was taught by a CMA with a masters in education (the masters is why she was allowed to teach at all). Then the second semester we had an RN. I am not totally sure if this is a state law or was just required because I got my education from a Junior College which could have stricter rules than a tech school. Let me know if you find anything out.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C

Are You Still In School? Nursing school (BSN)

Are You Working? Self employed certified birth doula