This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
has anyone heard of certification thru NCCT??

I recently discovered that the school I attend does their certification process through NCCT. Once you pass their certification test, you would be considered an NCMA. (national certified medical assistant)You have to do 14 hours of CEU's per year to maintain your status as a NCMA.
I was just wondering if anyone here knows anything about this type of certification?? I only know of the AAMA or AMT. Will this be a possible hinder on my job search after graduation?? I have spoken to a few students that have graduated and they both said they were both hired during their externships. Both certified through NCCT. Just wondering.....

Your Professional Title/Credentials: student/medical assistant

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Re: has anyone heard of certification thru NCCT??

Yes, Russ, I have heard of them. They may not be one of the biggest national health care professional certification sponsors, but they are NOT unknown. Good news is, you already said it yourself, they are recognized and hired in your area. Once you've graduated and gained experience, you can always work toward the "big" ones, AAMA, AMT, or NHA. That may come in handy if you ever move to another region, where NCMA is not quite as well known.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Re: has anyone heard of certification thru NCCT??

Thanks for the reply. I have another question if I may ask. The school I'm currently enrolled in is not accredited by either of the two accreditions that cover most healthcare schools. They are a junior college accredited by the accrediting council for independent colleges and schools to award associate of science degrees and academic diplomas. The US dept of education and council for higher education does nationally recognizes this.
My question is what obstacle, if any, would I possibly come across when I go for my AAMA/AMT certification?