This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can you get a job with a felony in Alabama

Yes I will be through with school in December. I wanted to know if anyone in Alabama can get a Medical Assistant job with a felony

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

Re: Can you get a job with a felony in Alabama

Your school would probably be the best place to find this information out. If they don't know directly they should be able to direct you to who could give you this information? You may try contacting the agency that does certification through your state, you might have a problem certifying as well.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C, CLD

Are You Still In School? Nursing school BSN

it would probably be tuff to get a job with a felony, depending on the situation though would probably make the differnce. however, i personally think that the person should consider getting a job in a private practice, more and likely they wont do a background search, and all that stuff. i work in a private practice and i know that my doctor never asks that kind of stuff. so basically what they dont know wont hurt them! good luck!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: ma

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Most certifying agencies now do background checks. What was the felony for? Do you have the option to have it expunged?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Are You Still In School? Will complete my BSN December 2008

Are You Working? yes. I work agency. (Hospital Clinic for 6 years)

Sorry. Old post. Yes. I know. But to Samantha....I can't believe you said that. What they don't know WILL hurt them. If someone was convicted of a felony and was hired, and I happened to go there and get sexually assaulted or my child molested by a male M.A, You bet that the Clinic or the Hospital would have to answer to my lawyers as to why they didn't to a sufficient background check on their employees. I know there may be some clinics or whatever that don't follow up with doing a BG check on their employees, but they would be stupid NOT to do that. It is ensuring that all the patients and fellow employees are going to be safe and not potentially put in danger. Even if the M.A is innocent and a situation is blown out of proportion, it still won't look good if you have a felony on your record. I know some people in my class that didn't get hired simply because their record was not clean, felony or misdemeanor. Maybe some states are different than where I am, in WA state. But I sincerely doubt it.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Working? no

I agree that the hospital or clinic would have a big liability if something like that happened. In Wisconsin all caregiver type jobs; Nurses, MAs, Counselors, Social Workers, etc. are required by law to go through a background check.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: BS, AD, CPNCC, CNMA

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes

same here. I'm almost sure it's like that in every state. If not, I would be scared.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Working? no