This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
On-line MA programs

I am thinking about taking an on line Medical Assistant program through Kaplan University. Any comments? I really need help with this as I want to make sure that Kaplan has all the credentials. HELP!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Case Mgr.

Are You Still In School? No, haven't started

Are You Working? Yes--2 jobs

Re: On-line MA programs

I have not heard the best about Kaplan. They have some of the lowest pass rates for nursing. I suggest you go to a traditional school...do you know how they expect you to get your clinical and hands on training? You cant learn it all on line

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C, CLD

Are You Still In School? Nursing school (BSN)

Are You Working? Self employed certified birth doula

'Supposedly' they have an 'extensive' list of clinical providers in my area. I would really like to see that list prior to signing anything. Thank you for your input. I'm just confused because I HAVE to work 2 jobs and online is the only way right now. I have 2 kids and getting NO support.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Case Mgr.

Are You Still In School? No, haven't started

Are You Working? Yes--2 jobs

I would find out what MAs make in your area...make some calls, those salary wizard.com things are not very accurate and way the difference with tuition. Some office will train you onsite although this is becoming less common. Why are you choosing medical assisting?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C, CLD

Are You Still In School? Nursing school BSN