This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
maybe you found your "troll"?

the Dr Benson post was visited this week by a person anmed "Samantha" this same person posted a job opening in Ohio, than had the nerve to tell me i cant apply bacuse i dont live in the area.
that is DISCRIMATION (SP)

maybe it is her/him whoever that posted it maybe not, All i know is it is NOT COOL to F$#K around with people looking for work

Re: maybe you found your "troll"?

Nate, As I said in another thread, it is discrimination to not hire or interview someone for that reason! Not quit sure about that OP!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Registered Nurse CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Are You Still In School? Completed my BSN December 2008

Are You Working? yes. I work agency. (Hospital Clinic for 6 years)

anyone that 1, writes a post like that and 2, tells you that u cannot apply for a job because you do not live there is a terrible person

Look, It's pretty plain and simple to me. A lot of people and companies don't want to waste their time to set up an interview with someone who doesnt even live in the state that they are hiring in, due to a lot of reasons. 1) they don't want to hire you when you live out of state. there is no guarantee that you will move, or start on your promised start date.
2) they don't want to hire out of state because they want someone with a reliable and stable home life.
3) I don't know ANYONE who will pick an out of state person v.s a local person for an interview.
Very obvious in my opinion.
If you all can't find work in your state, then you need to either switch your careers, go back and learn a new trade, or acutally move to another state that has more demand for M.A's.

the point is the broke the law telling me that

you CANNOT say you wont interview someone for that whats next cause im black? (im not but u get the point)

it was bad enough that i couldnt find work cause they said "we dont want a man"

but i guess that ok with you huh?

First of all, it is illegal not to hire someone because they do not currently live in the state they are in. Millions of people take jobs outside of their state. Also, if you can sell yourself why not? If person A in California apply for a job in Ohio is better qualified than person B who already lives in Ohio the agency is going to hire the person in California....now that is common sense...

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C, CLD

Are You Still In School? Nursing school (BSN)

Are You Working? Self employed certified birth doula

you call it illegal, i say it's more common than you think. They won't tell you that they are not interested in you if you live out of town/state, but they will not pursue you any further if you are not in the same city.
Happens all the time. Live with it. I didnt say it wasnt illegal, i just think it's stupid of people to want to look out of state for an M.A job. I'ts not like we are in high demand, and no company big or small is ever going to compensate for your moving costs. So in the end, who looks like the dumb one? The M.A who can't find a job locally. Go back and learn a new trade. If it's been years since you last graduated, and have not had a chance to use your skills that you learned in school, buck up. Move forward and try something new. It's not as if being an M.A is the only thing you can do in the medical field with the least amount of education. That's all I meant.

In the end? Its the one that comes onto a medical assisting site bulling and name calling.

Plenty of medical assistants work in office that are not in the same town as their home. Not in high demand?

"1. Medical Assistants. These healthcare professionals are responsible for coordinating day-to-day office operations in a healthcare facility, managing patient files, and keeping track of patient activities on a doctor or physician's behalf. Special training is often required, making this a specialized role beyond a typical receptionist or front desk position; as a result, average annual salaries are a reported $27,190 for 2008 and the industry is expected to accommodate for a 35 percent growth through 2010."

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C, CLD

Are You Still In School? Nursing school (BSN)

Are You Working? Self employed certified birth doula

Spurred by the recent blaming, naming, and flaming I have taken a moment to review our forum logs, and compared IP numbers.

The following four user names involved in the recent "havoc" come from an identical IP number, and the first bans (ever on this forum) have been issued for misbehavior today.

Aja
IP: 67.160.2.22

Im pretty sure

Dotdotdot (CMA AAMA)

Quit Yer Whining

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Forum Owner/Website Admin