This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Certification reveiw

I graduated in September with an AS in Medical Assisting. In 2 weeks I will be sitting for the certification exam. I have been trying to study everything that I can think of. What are some good review methods?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Re: Certification reveiw

Just about anything is fair game as I understand it, they change the questions and focus.
My test had a fair amount of admin stuff, hardly any lab or CLIA, some general stuff and some clinical.
If I had to do it over, I would examine each body system then review the clinical stuff followed by admin stuff. The reason I would do it in this order is, I have a very short memory and need the admin stuff freshest in my mind. So the short way of saying that is, I know my own weaknesses and played off of them to keep the freshest material my weakest area.
I also divided the course work into sections and divided the time I had by the number of sections. I didn't allow myself to get bogged down in a section I was strong in or where I found an interesting red herring.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

what score is needed to pass the test does anyone know I mean do I have to get 250 questions right to pass??

Your Professional Title/Credentials: associates degree medical assistant

Are You Still In School? going for CNA

Are You Working? no

Jeff thanks for that information. If I just study everything that I have I should be fine. I guess there's no need for me to go out and spend alot of money on some expensive books to study.

Thanks,

S Rodgers

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

iirc you need a 70 in each area, 210 would be a minimum... it would be a bad idea to cut it that close.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes