This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
passing grade for cma

can anyone tell me what is the passing score for the CMA exam I am scheduled to take the exam Jan 5 am nervous is it difficult? I have been studying for ever it seems but am really nervous about it it costs so much money to take the exam

Your Professional Title/Credentials: associates degree medical assistant

Are You Still In School? going for CNA

Are You Working? no

Re: passing grade for cma

when i took it in june of 08 i needed a score of 425. i am taking it again 1/17/09 on the computer. so wish me luck!!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: cna/associate degree medical assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Hi sofia I took it the test 01/09 and I dont know if I passed they said I would receive results in the mail boy oh boy that really upset me did you receive your grade right after you took it or they mailed it to you. I dont know the test had questions on it that I thought were more for a doctor but I did the best I could did you have to pay to retake it? I wish you lots of luck will let you know if I passed

Are You Working? no

I took the test in June 2008.

We got mail notice sometime in September.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Working? yes

yes i had to pay for it to retake it over and i took it this saturday and it was on the computer and they said it will take up to 12 weeks to get the result, also. i thought taking on the computer it still wouldn't take so long and if i don't passed it this time i would have to pay for it full price.

Are You Working? yes

well sophia how was this sat I hope you passed you say if you fail this time you will have to pay full price how much did you pay for it this time

Are You Working? no

it was 95.00 but if i didn't pass this time it will be 175.00 b/c they went with computer formatted

Are You Working? yes

It took mine a while too. I had a lot of questions about EKG!! thank goodness that I worked on the Coronary Unit at the hospital and the ICU, CCU units. There were questions about the PRST waves, but like I said I am ACLS certified, I am just so glad it came back!! (the answers for the PRST waves I mean). Anyway, mine took a whileI forgot how long and I was pretty sure I passed, but it is scary,waiting- hang in there, TRY not to stress about it...Think Positive!!! Willow 04

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA, Certification in EKG, Certification in Phelebotomy, CMA

Are You Working? no

A lot of people will say "it had a lot of questions on so and so", but I am here to say that every test is different, and when they give them to you every other test is defferent that way if you cheat you might be cheating on a totally different test than what you have. Also, you need 425 to pass or above. I took my CMA exam in October of last year, it was 4 hours long but the time flew! I passed with a 47o or higher,thankfully. there are 100 question's each on general, clinical and administrative. I was very unknowledgable in the clinical and got a 35 in that one, I got a 45 in clinical and a 60 in general. So as long as you know the general stuff, I would say don't sweat it. Of course I highly recommend you study the little practice book they send you, It says you will not be tested on any of those questions but..you are. There are a few that showed up on the exam, and if i wouldn't of taken that practice exam I wouldnt of known the answers. It was kind of left field questions, such as what kind of water to use on the autoclave, How many disks in a spine, What is white coat syndrome, and how does a fax machine work. I would say study as often as you can, I started studying for 4 months before the exam. The first month, I did every day, the second month I studied every other day, the third month I did twice a week and then the last month I did half hour reviews every night again, so not to get bunred out and bored. Good luck! And rememeber to bring your I.D and Official Transcript to the exam that day you take it, other wise they might not let you take it (with no I.D) or if you don't bring your official un-opened transcript you won't get your results 6 weeks later. You'd have to wait 3 months to get them and it's a pain. Trust me I speak from experience!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Working? no

Great info Maria. Thank you.

Just curious, your profile says that you have an AAS in Medical Assisting and you are now taking CNA training; why are you doing that?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: BS, AD, CPNCC, CNMA

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes

well Ramona I moved from ny to NC and here a AAS holds no water I took the CMA exam and am waiting for the results I decided to take CNA courses to further my education and perhaps go on to LPN and one has to have the CNA to do that. in the mean while I am busting my booty working 3rd shift at a convenience store at minimum wage waiting for my grades for the CMA exam to come then perhaps I can get a better job in the medical field but I cant lie it is hard work for little pay but the bills have to be paid so hopefully my CMA grades will be passing then all will be better thanks for asking

Are You Working? no

That makes sense. Wisconsin requires a CNA for Nursing also. How long have you been waiting for your CMA? Here's hoping it comes soon!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: BS, AD, CPNCC, CNMA

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes

well I took the test jan 5 so the waiting has just begun I guess I have at least 2 months left and oh my god I better pass or I will freak out but by then I will have my CNA so I hope everything goes all right

Are You Working? no