This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
how bad is the cma exam

help I am taking the test monday and I dont know what to expect what does the test cover please can anyone answer my plea for help I know its diiferent for eveyone but I would like to have some sort of idea i have studied evrything but will there be drug calculations and how to name body parts..... please soneone HELP!!!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: associates degree medical assistant

Are You Still In School? going for CNA

Are You Working? no

Re: how bad is the cma exam

I find it curious that nobody is answering this question, on this or on the other threads. What is the big secret? I took the RMA one so I cannot advise how the CMA exam is but if I had taken it, I would be answering her question(s) and giving tips as to what to expect and study for.

curious, thank you so much how was the RMA exam there is someone who helped me LLC she is a great inspiration but thanks for your consideration

Are You Working? no

Curious, that is some funny scat there

I thought I did try to answer, in one of the many frantic postings.

Honestly I try and visit the site once a day, but sometimes that ain't happening and sometimes I feel others might be more articulate than I am. You're lucky if you get more out of me than a "Tim the tool man grunt" out of me some mornings when I don't have to work, and you might want meaningful dialog that is gonna help someone

There have been weeks where there are no postings here at all so to expect a rapid response might be a little bit of a stretch.

5 days before the big day is a little late for advice... I say practice getting a good nights sleep. Going in with a clear mind is probably going to do more for you if you have covered everything in your program. Only you know your strengths and weaknesses, if you feel an area of your program was passed to quickly maybe a review is in order. I have seen more comments saying folks were surprised by questions from the admin section than any other section. I have also seen comments from folks who said their individual program didn't cover areas as deeply as they would have liked for the test. That wasn't the case with my program, either I got lucky or was paying attention on those days. In addition to a decent GPA I also had 100% attendance. So, I wasn't gone the day they covered universal vs. standard precautions, or some other vital piece of information. I returned many books from classes, not all, but I never lost my class notes and I used them to study.

Really trying to be helpful... I hope this does help. The test will go faster than you think, many of us were done early. I got worried when one of the smarter students spent a whole lot more time in the testing room, she came out and said she triple checked her answers. Because she reads so fast she wanted to make certain she hadn't skipped any. Answer five questions and check to make sure you are still on track if you are using a scan tron form. Watch for the negative questions like, -all these are ____ except.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Jeff thanks I have been studying for over 3 months and I have studied EVERYTHING I was just hoping to get a better idea of what areas to focus on but I guess it different for everyone I have been out of school for almost a year and I left my notes back in NY when I moved. I have been using the Kaplan books and others to study so wish me luck all I can do is my best right and try not to pass out haha

Are You Working? no

A couple of the instructors from my school Proctored my test in a classroom most of us were familiar with. Although I took a 2 year program to get my MA degree, I started the previous winter term. As a result I got to know the two classes before my class.

One thing that makes it tough is they change focus areas of the test each year. As a result it is impossible to say if there will be any questions or a bunch on a specific subject.

There will be questions in the admin section on subjects many will never see. My office uses paper charts, according to my boss she has been told three times we will change only to have the money diverted or another practice in the group gets the upgrade. I'm glad we did go over paper charting, in my program, even though not many places in this area are not using them now. We also don't use phone message pads, we use our own system. We do fill out super bills, but all actual billing is handled by a billing unit over at the hospital. That doesn't mean they will not have questions on the write it once system, some really old doc who refuses to change may still have an oasis where it is used.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

I'm preparing for my RMA final

Trying to find out:

what is the minimum passing score for the RMA exam?

How long is the exam ?

What are the best study guides for taking the test?

Thanks, I'm looking for general insight and experience's you have had taking the RMA exam.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: still in school

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no

The RMA exam is 200 questions. I can't recall the time they allow you, maybe 90 minutes, but it seems like it was more. If you call the number that is on the RMA page off the AMT website, they can tell you.
You need 70% to pass. Email me for the RMA Practice exam. It will give you a good idea what to study for.

Hi LLc how r u well its the count down tomorrow is the big day I am doing what u suggested am not freaking out or even going crazy just taking it easy and have confidence that I will pass of course I will let u know how it went thanks to u and Jeff for the support

Are You Working? no

LLC thank you email sent

Your Professional Title/Credentials: still in school

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no