This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JOBS in N.C

Hello all does anyone know what the chances of getting a cma jobs like in nc been here 6 months and no takers anyone have any ideas??? about to take the test monday and hope I can get job

Your Professional Title/Credentials: associates degree medical assistant

Are You Still In School? going for CNA

Are You Working? no

Re: JOBS in N.C

I moved from WI to NC five years ago. I found an easier time finding work in WI because there were tons of job ads for a "CMA or LPN". In WI, it seems like you fall more into the CMA/LPN qualified category, where as in NC you're just a CMA, they don't associate you with being as qualified as a LPN. WI paid much better too. I started at $14 where as in NC most only start you out at $11 or $12. So it's not like you're going to get rich quick or anything! Stick with it-you'll find something eventually, being as CMA is a great career. My advice is to get a phone book and mail out resumes to every doctors office in your area. Just because they didn't post a job on Careerbuilder, doesn't mean they aren't considering hiring someone. Good luck on your test!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes