This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OMG I can't believe I am almost an RN!

I haven't posted here in a long while...I was going the four year route; but once I started my classes, I got into the program right away, I am so glad I am almost done, this time next year I should be registered as an R.N. (fingers crossed). I've had my moments where I asked myself what the heck was I thinking, BUT it has been worth it, even the clinical portion. One of the area hospitals here offers student nurses opportunities to intern with them for one year after graduation, they will give you training in the specialty that you choose, the starting pay rate is 19.60/hr for 7-3, and up to 26+/hr for 3-11 and 11-7..if anyone is wondering about going back to school, just open up the want ads in the paper and see who has the most openings...I am SO glad I went back...good luck!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA---student nurse (12/2009)

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Re: OMG I can't believe I am almost an RN!

You go girl!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Registered Nurse CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Are You Still In School? Completed my BSN December 2008

Are You Working? yes. I work agency. (Hospital Clinic for 6 years)

I graduate in may with my BSN so I know how you feel!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C, CLD

Are You Still In School? Nursing school (BSN)

Are You Working? Self employed certified birth doula

Hearts-You go girl, too!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Registered Nurse CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Are You Still In School? Completed my BSN December 2008

Are You Working? yes. I work agency. (Hospital Clinic for 6 years)

If you have a BSN you can be a midwife too, i think. I used to work with them and I loved it there.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

I got my RN a year ago, and it has completely changed my life. Best of luck to you both and keep pursuing those dreams!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RN

Are You Still In School? No yes

You have to have your Masters to be a Midwife. They are trying to change it to a Doctorate requirement by 2015. DNP vs PhD more related to the subject at hand and less focused on research.

Yes But if you have a BSN you have a Bachelor in nursing... Im pretty sure you can't start the program without a Masters or Bachelors to begin with I was told here in WA that you didnt need a Masters as well but it's good to have one.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

You have to have a BSN to get in. When you graduate with your CNM you have your masters, getting your CNM is a masters program.