This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
there isn't work in Tennessee either!!!!

hey you all--its been quite a while since I wrote...I have been taking classes to try and help me find a job. But everywhere in Tn., is literally falling apart!! I got my certification for EKG, and have been trying to find a school for Radiology. I never sent in the "last interview" that the Company of that horrific Dr.'s office I worked for; the Office Manager didn't like me, so she let me go. Alot of you kept up with me and my (pardon the cussing) hell of a job....thank goodness I had this site, PLUS a great calender that I kept up with it came in handy when I applied for unemployment,the office managers excuse for letting me go was--too much experience from a hospital, and I put 1 piece of paper in the wrong file. The unemploymnet people called her and the Company unfair, and it was suppose to be investigated.they aresuppose to put the dates I worked for the doctors office and nothing else. its been 5 months and I still haven'tsent in the papers of the real things that went on there, I do think the office manager is running her mouth though.and they cleaned house right after I left, and hire M/A's that learn from the Office Manager---not certified at all!!!It still bugs me they way I was treated, I guess because I have NEVER been treated like that in my life!!! But the problem is the Company is affliated with speciality testing,oncologist, ortho, cardioligts, and I have a feeling the new Office Manager would call the old office manager, and the one that hated me would tell her just what she thought of me. the company is hiring for M/A's.job,again;the1thattook my place, I found out, was there for 3 years,still not certified,but thatswhatthey do.Does anyone know how I can get registered in Radiology? I don't know if it will help, but I want to try. I just keep reading up on all the new medical things I can, pray ALOT, and hope for the best.....it was nice to go back to this site and see familiar "names"...Once again, to all of you----I thank you, and if you have any suggestions,feel free to let me know....

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA,CMA, Certified EKG, Certified phelebotomist

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Re: there isn't work in Tennessee either!!!!

There are x-ray tech courses. Xray tech is very different from radiologist Where in Tn are you?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Registered Nurse CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Are You Still In School? Completed my BSN December 2008

Are You Working? yes. I work agency. (Hospital Clinic for 6 years)

I am about 15 minutes from Knoxville....Do you know anywhere??? I would really appreciate it...

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA,CMA, Certified EKG, Certified phelebotomist

Are You Working? no

I asked you all if anyone knew anywhere near Knoxville to get my X-Ray certificate. I got up the courage to call my old job(the H***) one! And if anybody wants to even believe this, one of the girls that was treading on thin ice along with me, GOT THE JOB----or MY JOB!!!! The front office was rude to me when I called, I don't know if they knew who I was or not, but they put me through to my old physicians voicemail, and it was the non-certified M/A that took up for me! She annoounced on the voicemail that she was "a nurse", and to leave a message, in which I did. I basically asked her if she remembered me, and if she knew of the classes she went to for her radiology fast pace course. Basically, here in Tennessee, they want you to be able to know how to x-ray basic parts of a pts., body. "Tammy" has failed everytime she has taken the course, but I thought since she "helped" me out when I worked there, she would give me the information. I was nice and cordial, but she didn't return my phone call!!! So, I FINALLY got the guts to turn in my "Exit Interview", it was the truth and ALL of the truth!!! I let the Human Resources people know that I had kept a journal, plus kept up "here" with you all. I asked that everything the Office Manager said about me, be erased, I did name names, and described the M/A's giving injections W/O gloves, and doing phelebotomy W/O gloves.And the HR department legally in the state of Tennessee, is only suppose to tell the people that call about me that I worked from this time to this time. Well, that isn't happening either!! The Office Manager has been making up stuff about me. I think that is called "slander" I really need to try and put this behind me, so I am praying that they will get rid of the lies she put on my paper that went to HR, yet, my copy was not bad....Where I live, LPN's EMT's and even RN's are taking any job that come up...Anyway, just wanted to fill you all in, since you all listened to me, and tried to make me feel better...I was scared at first, however, I am a very good CCMA, and I refuse to have a person just because she doesn't like me, ruin me!!! thanks and say a prayer that I get a job soon, thank goodness for unemployment!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA, Certification in EKG, Certification in Phelebotomy, CMA

Are You Working? no

Try Med Solutions Staffing Agency. I looked on their web site and there is one in Knoxville! They staff CCMAs.

Are you getting unemployment from that past job that was so terrible to you? I had some ideas if you are!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Are You Working? yes. I work agency. (Hospital ER Clinic for 6 years)

Lexi, sorry it took a couple of days to write,but yes, I got unemployment from the job that the Office Manager hated me. I also turned in the paper they sent me twice basically telling the truth...Its on the web forum....I haven't heard anything, from them, I really don't know anything about the temp agencies. would I lose my unemployment if I went to work for them? In my "gut" I think job places are calling the place where I worked, I have to list it, however, in TN., as I have said before, they are just suppose to put what date you worked and when you left. But I have applied where I am overqualified, and haven't heard anything....I would LOVE to know your idea. One place offered me PRN, and when I called they wanted me to drive close to 2 hours to work like a day or two. ANY suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA, CMA

Are You Working? no

If you take any job while on unemployment then, yes, you lose your benefits. Try Med Solutions. You will make more working for an agency then $275.00 a week unemployment!

Tenn is a "Right To Work" state. It means any employer has the right to hire/fire at their convienence. If an employer fires you they also tell Tn Dept of Labor if you deserve benefits. My point is that terrible office must have given the labor board a favorable review. have a friend call, in a very professional manner, and say they are calling for a reference. Have the questions ready-that a prospective employer would ask. If they are giving you an unfavorable ref. then I would confront them with a certified letter and ask them to cease.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Are You Working? yes. I work agency. (Hospital ER Clinic for 6 years)