This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RE THEY WANT ME TO BE CERTIFIED TO GET A JOB IN WASHINGTON?????????

I AM REALLY UPSET TO KNOW I BEEN OUT OF SCHOOL FOR 2 YEARS AND NO FULL TOME JOB I NEED A HELPER OR BIG SIS TO GIVE ME SOME IDEAS ON HOW TO GET IN WITH OUT THE CERTIFCATION AND NEED HELP WITH THE TEST QUESTIONS

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MEDICAL ASSISTANT/TECH

Are You Still In School? NO

Are You Working? NO

Re: RE THEY WANT ME TO BE CERTIFIED TO GET A JOB IN WASHINGTON?????????

You went through school two years ago and did not take the certification test? Being certified is a must in todays competitive market.
Who are you looking to be certified through and where did you go to school?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Registered Nurse CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Are You Still In School? Completed my BSN December 2008

Are You Working? yes. I work agency. (Hospital Clinic for 6 years)

I would sign any an all petitions requiring MAs to be certified. It can only improve the profession and pay for the rest of us. You could contact your sate medical assisting board for information about review courses. #5 in the following websites gives you study links:
http://www.aama-ntl.org/becomeCMA/how.aspx

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C, CLD

Are You Still In School? Nursing school (BSN)

Are You Working? Self employed certified birth doula

I agree with Hearts. I cant, in good conscience, encourage anyone to not become certified as an MA.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Registered Nurse CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Are You Still In School? Completed my BSN December 2008

Are You Working? yes. I work agency. (Hospital Clinic for 6 years)

I can't imagine why a school wouldn't have prepared and encouraged MAs to take the RMA or CMA test.

They must not be accredited.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

i went to school at the bryman college in renton they were the most un organized school igraduated top of my class and was never informed of a certifacation and was promised a job

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MEDICAL ASSISTANT/TECH

Are You Still In School? NO

Are You Working? NO

I think Bryman was one of the schools that someone mentioned they had problems with. So sorry to hear about this....

Yea, like me I too went to Bryman. I had a teacher named Kassie (lol), but now she is going to nursing school so I don't think you are the same one. So, I have to say I didn't like Bryman either, it is now Everest College. Funny how the name change is only like putting a bandage over a festering wound. The problems are still there just covered up. Don't get me wrong, the teachers are great esp Ms. W, but the higher ups are a pain in the AZZ to deal with!!! They make it very difficult for some things and most of the students there are all chain smokers, single mothers on welfare who don't give a cr@p about training for a career. Sad but true. A lot of students there don't even get to have the proper one on one to know how to draw blood apppropriately and I would not let them near my viens but sometimes You have to do things like that, in order to pass. All I am saying is that they have big classes, and only 1 teacher for the class. Not enough if you ask me, esp. when dealing with such important clinical issues. They did not encourage any one to pursue the CMA exam, all they encourage you to do is to get those blood draws so that you can take an exam to become a phlebotomist when you are done. All that requires is a passing grade and a certain number of successful blood draws with your instructors initials. We also had many many instructors come and go in my short time that I was there, my program was 8 months not inc. my extern and we had about 4 or 5 teachers come and go. WOW. Who is wanting you to be Certified in WA? I know if you want to work in the hospitals you have to be certified, but to work in a small clinic you don't HAVE to. But It's a great thing to be, if anyone was going to chose between an M.A and a C.M.A , they would most likely go with the Certified one. Just my strong opinion as well as many other Docs I have talked to in interviews.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Working? no

Also, Everest or Bryman NEVER promises you jobs. They say and it's in the contract that they will help you with job searching , but they only help you with the tools, such as letting you use their computers and going to mock interviews. They never promise a job. That's not their job, with all due respect.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Working? no