This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
jobs in Florida

dose anyone know where to go online to apply for medical assistant jobs in florida? i live in michigan and i will move down there for work

also i dont want any spammers like the persont that started the "m-a pay" post telling me that i cant apply if i dont allready live down there

any info wuold be helpful

its been 9 years i want this search to end

Re: jobs in Florida

Nate, Here are a few job sites that you can start to look at. Employflorida.com and careerbuilders.com.
These are a few that I have kept up on. I will research a few more and pass them onto you.
There is a huge medical group down here in Central Florida called Physicians Associates. They are one of the groups that are constantly looking for MA's.
Another area you can research on is FloridaHospital.com and Orlandohealth.com. Both are tied into the two large hospitals down here in Orlando. I know Florida Hospital runs a huge urgent care facility here in Orlando. They are always looking for MA.s. I hope this will help you out in starting.

My husband and I moved from Fl after the 2004 hurricane season. We lived in south FL. Be aware that even though there may be jobs the cost of living is out of this world for housing etc. Even if a starting wage is $12.00-15.00, rentals are $$$$$$$.

Nate, My worry for you is that you finished school so long ago that your skills will not be looked at as viable. Did you ever see if there were any CNA or PCT classes you could take?
I have not been here for a while because we had a death in the family. If I missed your posts about this I am sorry!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes. I work agency. (Hospital ER Clinic for 6 years)

yes im doing a CNA class

btw
ive never understood how skills cannot be viaiable because if the job discrption has bot changed than i think my skills should still be good IMO i dunno

nate I can see what lexi is talking about. The say if you dont use it you loose it. If you havent used your skills in awhile you may be a little rusty and in the medical field they are always getting new equipment, procedures, ect i was looked over for a job because i hadnt used there new computer program.

Are You Still In School? yes

i know, i just would like to get into a small dr office where they can re-train me maybe make 5-6 bucks and hr while im training than move up

id hate to take everything over

Nate I live down here in South Florida you can go to www.simplyhire.com excellente page and there are a lot of position there.
good luck

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? NO

Are You Working? NO