This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What do you think of this school,"diploma mill" or legit?

Hi! I just started school for MA. I tried CC for this degree but I really disliked the teachers and then entire learning environment. I started at YTI a tech school. Its a 21 month program and I will leave with a associates degree. I will also be trained in phlebotomy, and EKG technology. There is also a three month long externship. So far I really like it. All the teachers are nice, caring and make learning fun. I like it a lot more than community college, at CC our teachers gave us numbers to call us by but at YTI they are actually learning our names and really seem to care. I like the school a lot. It will cost me 13,000. I can still drop out and get a full refund, I like it but I want others opinion. I’m weary because on this site it seems like no one can find work. They say they will place everyone in a job. Also weary because when talking to the admissions counselor I felt like I was being sold something. She used lines like “lpn’s are being confined to nursing homes” “you can only grow with this degree” etc. I didn’t like it. I prefer honesty. I like the classes, and the teachers, the environment etc. What do you think about this program? (Also I know LNP program is shorter, but I want to be a MA)PLEASE HELP!!

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes

Re: What do you think of this school,"diploma mill" or legit?

Sounds like you've already compared the public vs private schools and are happy with your decision. I thought my $8,000 loan was ridiculous though, even for top pay in the field. $13,000!!! That's going to hurt for years!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Still In School? n

Are You Working? y

Re: What do you think of this school,"diploma mill" or legit?

Yes LPNs are mostly in LTC. I am not sure what she means about you can really grown in this field, there is nothing that medical assisting steps up to, it not like CNA to LVN/LPN to RN to APN....

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C, CLD

Are You Still In School? Nursing school (BSN)

Are You Working? Self employed certified birth doula