This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm ba-a-a-ck.....

Hey gang,

Haven't been around here for ages, probably a few years actually. I've been working in the same office for the past four years. We're going to start doing Reclast infusions in the office (the RN, of course) and that got me thinking and wondering if there was anything new as far as legislation pertaining to MA's...

I still really like my job but it still really gripes me that an employee at Wal-Mart for four years would probably make what I make....

So....anything new in the MA profession???

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? Yes

Re: I'm ba-a-a-ck.....

Probably. Where are you from?

Oh, by the way, welcome back.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: BS, AD, CPNCC, CNMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Thanks for the welcome back. I'm in Pennsylvania. Nowhere exciting unfortunately....hehe, just working and got involved in non-MA things.

Are You Working? Yes

Lorraine,
Have to you thought of getting your resume out there to see if you can't make more money elsewhere? I always got a raise with every new position. Just a thought.

Rena

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Still In School? n

Are You Working? y

Yeah, it's crossed my mind but I genuinely like where I'm at. There have been a lot of changes there since I started. We've added a doc, lost and replaced staff, started doing new procedures, etc. The core staff is still the same and for the most part we work really well together as a team. There's no my job, your job, everyone just pitches in, which is hard to find. While I'm not 100% happy there, I'm really afraid of going somewhere else and dreading going to work. I was just wondering if there's anything new in the works for the profession...

Are You Working? Yes