This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
question

Hi can you tell me what general CEU's are?

I need 10 admin
10 clinical
10 general
30 combo of all
total 60

I have 7 clinical and 6 general already. Am purchasing the self study guides.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA/AAMA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Re: question

Are you a certified medical assistrant? CEUs are the educational units you must keep up with to keep your certification active.

Your profile says you are CMA(AAMA). Did they explain to you in school about CEUs? Just wondering!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RN CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Are You Working? yes. I work agency. (Hospital ER Clinic for 6 years)

Yes I know about the CEU's and such. The question was what does "general" mean. I know clinical and administrative.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA/AAMA

Are You Working? no

Hmm, I've never seen it worded like that. Maybe go to the AAMA site and scan that. Why does everything have to be so darn confusing!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RN CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Are You Working? yes. I work agency. (Hospital ER Clinic for 6 years)

I am certified through the CCBMA. We are required to have units in our specialty and in the general. General is not specialty and is your basic disease processes with out any clinical or administrative aspects in the teaching.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C, CLD

Are You Still In School? Nursing school (BSN)

Are You Working? Self employed certified birth doula