This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Job search is a bust

I moved to the Atlanta, GA area over 1 year ago from Ohio. I have been searching and searching doing cold contacts and online applications. I am keeping up on my CEU's ect. I still can not get my foot in the door anywhere.

I am willing to travel from Locust Grove, GA 30 miles either direction. Griffin, McDonough,Atlanta,Jonesboro, Hampton, Dekalb and such. No one is hiring.

Anyone have a suggestion? I am at my wits end I want to work. I am willing to be temp, full time, parttime. Please help thanks.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA/AAMA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Re: Job search is a bust

http://jobsearch.monster.com/Search.aspx?brd=1&q=MA&cy=us&where=Atlanta%2C%20GA&rad=20&rad_units=miles&qlt=1237490&qln=956120&lid=950&re=130#q=Medical%20assistant&cy=us&where=Atlanta%2C%20GA&rad=20&rad_units=miles&qlt=1237490&qln=956120&lid=950&jto=1&re=95&pg=1&dv=1

Also, I'm in PA and we have large hospital networks here. Most of the docs offices are through the hospital networks. Mos MA jobs within these offices are not advertised in papers, etc. but can only be accessed through the hospital network's websites so that may be an avenue you haven't checked. While you're checking those you can also try phlebotomy or EKG tech positions which MA's usually qualify for.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Working? Yes

Try medical temp agencies. Here is one and they hire MAs. Google and you will find several more.

http://www.rgstaffing.net/services.html

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RN CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Are You Working? yes. I work agency. (Hospital ER Clinic for 6 years)

Thank you I will keep looking. I have signed up on all the hospital web sites within 40 miles of my home now. And as before done cold contacts within 20 miles.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA/AAMA

Are You Working? no