This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1st day on the job

hey,
My first day at the office is over,

WOW
I get to learn the front desk, patient check in-check out. answering phones. setting up appointments.
and the back office doing ekg's strss tests blood draws and a bunch of other things.

I know 6 hr is not much but im happy to finally get the experience.

After 90 days ill ask for a raise hopefully 7 hr

Re: 1st day on the job

Thanks Nate for keeping us posted. This must have been a good day for you. It sounds as if you are happy... at last.

$7 an hour would still be a bargain for the doctor. Cardiology, as a specialty, makes good money. But you are right, right now, all that counts is that you finally found your niche, and get a chance. Sometimes, money isn't everything (although it's nice to have!).

Best wishes.

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Forum Owner/Website Admin

thanks for posting, nate! I agree with Danni. I know you will do a slam job! Then it will be time to ask for a wage that reflects the position and the current cost of living.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RN CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes. I work agency. (Hospital ER Clinic for 6 years)

Glad to hear your first day was a great one Nate! I am sure you will do awesome and be on your way to more pay in no time!!

Missy

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Student

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

Congratulations Nate. I am extremely happy for you to have landed and started your new job--at least day one is over!!!

I hope after the 90 day trial period the doctor will realize what an asset you have become and pay you accordingly without you even having to ask (Actually I hope beforehand, lol).

Somedays it will seem overwhelming just starting out but I know you will catch on quickly. Take care and keep us posted.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA, Ltd. X-Ray

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes