This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Medical coders, paging medical coders!

Here we go again, hemming and hawing which way I want to go. First it was med. assistant, then LPN, then CNA, LPN again, CNA again, med. assistant again, now I'm thinking of medical coding. ARRRGGG! I hate that there are so many choices! I've got to make up my mind soon. Help! Those who do medical coding, is it interesting? Do you make good money?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MT

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Re: Medical coders, paging medical coders!

Ellen,
all your answers will be answered at my medical billing (and coding) forum - I promise:

http://www.medicalbillingandcoding.net/medical_billers_forum.htm

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Forum Owner/Website Admin

I've already been to that website, Dani. I could never get a straight answer about anything, whether it be the right school to attend, possible job after completion of course, pay, etc. The moderators who oversee the site are afraid of being sued so are very hesitant to give any straightforward answers, as if there are wolves lurking behind cyberspace bushes. They are vague and go around in circles with nonsensical information. It's like pulling teeth to get anyone to be honest. And the kicker, one of the moderaters seems to intensely despise his occupation, so why is he overseeing the website in the first place??? No thanks, I'll go to a coder website where I'll get positive and honest vibes from people who enjoy their careers!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: medical transcriptionist

Are You Working? yes

Oh, yes, Ellie, I remember that exchange on the forurm. It caused a little bit of an uproar, met with resistance.

The rules on both forums (here and there) are the same, and set by myself. We are very generous with sharing our knowledge, and the experts (who share) never hesitate to lend a helping hand to point others in the right direction. Help comes in many forms, it doesn't always mean spelling out the answers.

The moderator on the Medical Billing forum is a well known capacyty in the field, and doing exactly what is expected on a public forum. His articles and tutorials on that site provide a wealth of knowledge that is second to none.

I understand that you, and many others might prefer a different format, or type of forum, but our approach has served us well over many years, here and there. We welcome anybody, and everybody (except Spammers, and flamers), and have set ourselves apart from the rest.

Enjoy your stay. I hope you will find the answers you seek. However, remember, this forum mostly addresses medical assisting skills, and rarely medical coding and billing.

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Okay, well let me ask you this? Are you now a coder, or do you still work as a med. assistant who visits the coding website? If you are a coder, do you enjoy your job? That is a pretty straight forward question, so a "yes" or "no" will do. Not trying to be flippant, just hungry for some decent information. I don't have a lot of time to play around; need to make a decision soon! Hope you sense my urgency! And yes, I agree that the "male" moderator on that website is very, very intelligent. He lets people know that every single time I read his posts. He just sounds very unhappy in his career field.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: medical transcriptionist

Are You Working? yes

Yes, I am a coder! LOL, however, of a different kind. I code HTML script for websites.

I used to be a CMA working in an asthma and allergy practice, then taught the medical assistant curriculum at different schools. That was just a few years back; I don't do it anymore. I found a "new calling" as a web developer and certified website testing professional (SEO, and SEM).

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Forum Owner/Website Admin