This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why would someone do this?

I work for a family practice and we are looking for a new medical assitant. Our office made a call to someone and when the office manager asked how much they were looking to make the person said 'about 7:50 8 hr" Kim our office manager was shocked and asked why so low? I dont think she got a strait answer but it confuses me as to y someone would say this. reguardless to say that person was not interviewed as Kim was skeptical to bring this person in and asked for refrences. Seems weird to me.

Regards
Trish

Re: Why would someone do this?

It's possible that this person was making less than that before and was trying to raise it a little. Or they could be receiving some kind of assistance, like disability, and can only make so much a month. Social Security will allow a person to work if they don't go over a certain amount. The office manager should have given her an interview at least.

who says it was a "her"? see this is what drives me nuts about this filed its assumed its a woman that applied

whatever

You know, that occurred to me after I sent it in and I thought of following up by saying that I should have written the word "person".

Because they she CALLED

I think this person did this because there isnt alot of jobs out there. The above comments are also possibilities too but my idea is probably best. She would ask for a lower wage to guarantee being hired work for sometime to show their worth and then ask for the appropriate wages after that.

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes, but not in medical field

again with the "she" CRAP it might have been a woman tht applied but y are we automatically assumeing its a female that applied

i really belive this filed has a bias towards woman its just wrong how come we dont do the same thigs to blacks? because its WRONG just as wrong as this

you guys say i use this as a "crutch" I WONDER Y???

weird i went to hit reply and it replied under trish name than said "error" when i hit post message

internet is not perfect lol

Back to the topic...was the PERSON a new graduate? Maybe that's why they asked for a lower rate....It could be a lot of things....

Jenny

Are You Still In School? yes

Nate,
I too am a guy. Yes all medical fields are biased with the exception of Medical Doctors. It is changing but what can we do to change it more? Well for women it took burning bras in public..... I say as men we need to burn all speed o's and it might work... lol that was a joke haha ?

Seriously i thought i read the OP say it was a girl but after reading it the OP said she meaning office manager sorry for that.

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes, not in medical field