This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NCCT INC cert. agency?

Hey all, I was wandering if any of you knew anything about the NCCT certifying agency. I will be taking their MA cert. exam this month. I would have rather took the RMA or CMA exam but the closest test location is about 3hrs. away. So, I will take the NCMA exam which is alot closer. Just curious if anyone was familiar with their exam and recognition. Thanks for your input, Belinda.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: medical assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Re: NCCT INC cert. agency?

Have you been to their web site? here's the link: http://www.ncctinc.com/Default.aspx
they have a online pamphlet for ma under certification on the top of their header.open that then go to certification type, then down to ma for the pamphlet.
hope this helps.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: L.P.N. - R.M.A.

Are You Working? no, not a present

Hi, yes I have been to their website. I guess I was just wondering about the agency reputation as well as the credential itself. All the talk is about AAMA and AMT. Is their some kind of difference in the
type of agency. I read that it was a third party agency. What does that mean? They don't seem to get the recognition that AAMA and AMT get. If anyone knows, I would appreciate the input. Thanks, Belinda

Your Professional Title/Credentials: medical assistant

Are You Working? no

Belinda,
Good day, I havent heard of that agency but my advice to you is to see if your state recognizes that cert as being a certified medical assistant. I know in California we can only use 3 agencies, AAMA EMT and some california only agency in order to be recognized as being a CMA.

I couldnt find any specifics on Tennesee so there may not be any.

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes, but not in healthcare