This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
On-site health screenings

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever signed up for any of these companies, like "HealthFitness", and done health screenings (like at factories). I did a few a year ago for this company and the hardest part is signing up (the teleconferences,etc). and driving the long distance to them. Since I don't fly, then after January there are no screenings in my area but for those who will fly, they pay for the flight and motel and rental car. I would say to look into them if you are having trouble finding a job.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Re: On-site health screenings

What type of experience did you have doing this type of work?
how was the pay?
i check their websete they noting in my state but i could consider traveling on their nickel.
thanks

Your Professional Title/Credentials: L.P.N. - R.M.A.

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes, volunteering @ Rhode Island free Clinic

You don't have to have any experience really. Since their main objective is getting and staying healthy, then you can even be a physical fitness trainer to qualify. I met one who didn't know how to take blood pressure so she did height and weight. Each person gets a station and you do one duty for the entire time,like b/p, height and weight, bone density (in the foot), finger sticks, data entry and health counseling. As I said, the hard part is signing up but once you do and get that set up, they will fly you anywhere. You get email updates a lot.

There are other companies also, like Kronos, but I never tried any others except for Summit Health. I know that many are regional so it pays to do a search of any in your state.

The pay was OK, like $15 an hour. If you drive, they pay for mileage. Some events last all day but most are 3-4 hours in the morning.

How was Summit to deal with?
Thanks for your input.
i'm going to look into Summit. It's in my area.
mitch

Your Professional Title/Credentials: L.P.N. - R.M.A.

Are You Working? yes, volunteering @ Rhode Island free Clinic

Summit pays better, and has phlebotomy clinics. Harder to get into though. Health Fitness isn't.

You know, I have posted several times on Indeed.com about these companies. I have only been able to talk one person that I know of into joining up and doing screenings, and she enjoys them. It's WORK,and experience, yet because it's not something daily, in an office, then there seems to be a reluctance and disinterest in looking into them.

Thanks,BRD..
i applied to Summit Health and was excepted.
Had a phone interview,no ;problems. was sent a application. fill it out sent in that's all it took.
now the waiting begins for clinics in my area.
thanks for the tip,
mitch

Your Professional Title/Credentials: R.M.A.

Are You Working? volunteering @ a free clinic

I don't know what Summit does when it comes to flying their workers to screenings. Seems like they are willing to for nurses during flu shot clinic season. Health Fitness though will fly you anywhere, foot the entire bill, the flight, hotel, rental car......Good luck with Summit. If you have any questions just email.