This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Graduated with my BSN yesterday

I graduated Cume Laude with Nursing Honors for my Bachelors of Science in Nursing yesterday. I became a Certified Medical assistant in 2002 and knew within a year that I wanted to go on to nursing as soon as I was financially able. Medical Assisting was a great way for me to spend a short time getting an education so I could get my feet wet and find out if I liked the medical field...I loved it, just wasn't challenged enough as an MA. So now, 7 years later I am a graduate nurse (just have to pass my boards which are super scary! Sure Lexi can confirm that!)

Even though I will soon be an RN, I will always be grateful for being an MA and will continue to contribute to the MA field. I have written exam question for the California Certifying Board for Medical Assistants and will soon be writing CEU articles (after I take my boards, I am focusing only on that right now). For those of you think that Medical Assisting can not get you anywhere, well it helped me to get into nursing school because of my past experience and I was more comfortable with patients when we first got in the hospital than my classmates that had no experience. Plus, medical assisting confirmed my passion for the medical field. I have my dream job and will be paid .40 hr (not much for CA but better than the .00 I got as a medical assistant) and I have medical assisting as one of the things to thank.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: BSN, CCMA-C, CLD

Are You Still In School? NO

Are You Working? Self employed certified birth doula

Re: Graduated with my BSN yesterday

Oh, how time flies.... I remember when Lexi finally did it, and you was next in line. Now YOU got your BSN... that's just awesome. So nice to hear that it was Medical Assisting that made a world of a difference.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

I'm happy for you.

It helps to find what you want to do before you join the older than dirt club That way you have some time to enjoy what you find.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Jefff
I'm happy for you.

It helps to find what you want to do before you join the older than dirt club That way you have some time to enjoy what you find.

Ha-ha-ha-ha!!!! I laughed out loud thinking: "You better hope that she ISN'T older than dirt!". How would you know? ROFLMAO.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Site Admin

Are You Still In School? no

I sure hope 28 is not older than dirt...but as long as I have been in school and how hard I have worked I sure feel older than dirt some times!

Danni R.
Jefff
I'm happy for you.

Ha-ha-ha-ha!!!! I laughed out loud thinking: "You better hope that she ISN'T older than dirt!". How would you know? ROFLMAO.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: BSN, CCMA-C, CLD

Are You Still In School? NO

Are You Working? Self employed certified birth doula

Ha-ha-ha! Great response!!! Again, congratulations and all the best. I bet you are still in "celebration" mode.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Congratulations!

(I have been trying to congratulate you for 2 days now but am having trouble posting - I hope this goes through!)

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Congratulations! :):):)

Are You Still In School? Yes--BCC