This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hate the school I am attending

Hello everybody,

My name is Amanda. I am attending school for medical assisting in Ontario, CA at American Career College. I must say that this school SUCKS! Don't ever do medical assisting here if you were considering it. I'm supposed to start my externship in about a week or so. I am tired of the emotional abuse that my instructors have put me through and they are always putting me down and expecting me to be perfect. If you are considering nursing, such as getting your associates degree in nursing (RN), just do LVN. DO NOT do medical assisting first. You will regret doing it. Its better to do LVN first, then do an LVN to RN bridge program. I am starting nursing school for LVN in July and I can't wait. I want to get out of this hell hole of a school and be done with it. I'm done complaining now, lol. Does anyone else feel this way about their medical assisting program??

Your Professional Title/Credentials: SMA (student medical assistant)

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes

Re: Hate the school I am attending

Hi, thanks for joining our forum. I am sorry to hear you are so disappointed with your choice of school and career path, however, I can see where your instructor expects perfection. Pressure? Expectations? And supervision? Wait till you enter the "real world". School is nothing! You only got a little taste of the real world.

Good luck.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Are You Still In School? No

Yep, you are in for a rude awakening out here in the big ol' world.....

Are You Still In School? Yes--BCC

Hi amanda, I know exactly how you feel. Even though I am on the other side of the country from you, I am also in a really bad school. I posted a message a few weeks ago kinda talking about it. Well I feel the way you do. I am also going for medical assistant,but i am thinking about going for nursing now and transfering to another school hopefully soon. I know some people say not to blame the school or teachers, but sometimes your success does depend on the type of instuctor you have. If you have someone that yells at you just because you make a mistake, then how can you learn? Well I wish you good luck. Just find a better school and take something you want, like nursing you mentioned. After all its your money you are paying. If you have a loan anyway.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: student

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no