This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where to obtain a copy of Certificate?

I've been a Medical Assistant for 16 years now. I have recently been hired at UCSD Medical Center in San Diego, CA and been asked for my certificate. I no longer have it due to fires we had. The school in which I attened shows I didn't finish, yet I posses my certificate from the California Association of Paramedical schools for instruction.

Can anyone tell me how I could obtain a copy? Or any other sugestions.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified/Registered Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Re: Where to obtain a copy of Certificate?

I would try the "California Association of Paramedical schools for instruction" in a google search see what sounds correct to you. I noticed it said your certified tho, so the agency that you are certified through did they ask for a copy of the certificate, if so they may also be able to provide you with a copy.

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes, but not in healthcare

Ok, I've tried all the diffrent agency's I could think of. The biggest problem is the school I got my credentials at was bought out by another school, so there old records werent transfered completely.

In order for me to keep this job, I think my only other option is to challenge the boards. To find somewhere I can just go and take the MA test. Anyone have sample test I can practice with?

Are You Working? yes

The new school should have all the old records. Keep trying them. secondly there is the RMA test to stay certified, but you say your rma cma already? and i have a study test for rma

Are You Working? Yes, but not in medical field

At this point, any type of certificate would be fine. I just need something to prove to them I know my job. I find it rediculous that my 16 years being employed as an MA isn't good enough. I've never had an employer put such an emphasis on that **** piece of paper.

Are You Working? yes

sent the rma test study guide to email you put on this site.

Are You Working? Yes, but not in medical field

Your school has nothing to do with your certificate. If you are certified through a certifying agency then that is who you are going to contact. I have not had to contact my school since I graduated and became certified. They have absolutely nothing to do with my certificate since I already obtained it. And I have had it so long that I have re-certified...and again my school had noting to do with that. Once you graduate you graduate, your school does not need to be contacted; don't even waste your time. Contact the board.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: BSN, CCMA-C, CLD

Are You Still In School? NO

Are You Working? Self employed certified birth doula