This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CMA test

Does anyone have any advice on how to study for my CMA exam? I'm currently studying my notes from college and my MA book. I'm worried. My test is on 8/28/09.

Thank you!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? not yet

Re: CMA test

Medical Assisting Exam Review for CMA and RMA Certification. You can buy it at your school or online. This is the only book I used.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Hello, I was recently in your shoes. I actually just took my certification today, I had no idea what to study because. Medical Assisting is such a broad field. My instructors advised me to know the blood flow through the heart and that it would def. be on the test, and it was not even up there. I had 2 or 3 questions on infections. 1 on venipuncture. ALOT on billing and customer service. Mainly it was common since though. Oh, and know you different systems and where/when to go to specialty docs.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? NO

Are You Working? YES

I write exam questions for the certifying examination in my state. We give the students an outline of what is on the test which directs them to what they should focus on. Contact the organization that does the exam for your state and find out if they have something similar.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: BSN, CCMA-C, CLD

Are You Still In School? NO