This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NHA,CCMA,RMA????

Yesterday I went to a refresher class at school...we will be taking the NHA for certification in July. Our instructor told us we should then take the CCMA test or RMA because more employers are looking for those certifications....anyone ever have experience with NHA certification??? what do you think?? I live in Wisconsin, if that's helpful I did have an interview at WFH and she just said once I'm certified I will get $1.50 more per hour, she didn't question who I would be certified through. Any thoughts???

Your Professional Title/Credentials: sma

Are You Still In School? externship

Are You Working? yes

Re: NHA,CCMA,RMA????

Hi,
I am a CCMA from NHA.I passed NHA National Certifying exam a year ago. I have trouble to find a job as a CMA.I do not have MA experience and I volunteer to get it. I am a CNA(Certified Nursing Assistant),too. I work as a CNA and I do not know what to do with my Certified Clinical Medical Assistant/CPT/CET credentials.
I want to go for LPN program, because Doctor’s offices will hire non-experienced LPN than non-experienced CCMA.
Thanks,

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA,CPT,CET,CNA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes.I work as a CNA

Hospitals, larger doctors and specialty offices usually require that you be a CERTIFIED medical assistant for liability purposes as it helps lower their malpractice insurance and gives more credability

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant, Bachelor of Science

Are You Still In School? Graduated

Are You Working? Yes

If you find that employers are simply having problems what CCMA and your other credentials stand for, then I would say contact the NHA and speak to their customer service rep (I believe Mrs. Diane Riffel) and just tell them about it. Ask for advice as to what you can tell these employers to help them understand how valuable your credentials are to the profession. Feel free to tell Diane that Danni R. sent you, if that helps.

After you spoke to NHA, won't you come back and post what they said.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Hi,
I was talking to operator from NHA.I explained that I have trouble to find a job as a MA and I was wondering,if I could just take an exam to become just regular CMA as Doctor's would like,but I can't take an exam to become just a CMA,because I am already a CCMA/CPT/CET as somebody explained me.I asked about the difference between CMA and CCMA duties at doctor's office and asked why Doctors would like to hire just CMA instead of CCMA. CCMA do clinical duties(phlebotomy and ECG) and CMA's perform clerical/ medical secretary job the most time and CMA must have extra certification to perform phlebotomy and ECG in NJ.Then I wondered if doctor's liability insurance is cheaper if they hire just CMA instead of CCMA.Somebody suggested to ask doctors about it. May be Doctor's liability insurance is higher,if Doctor will hire CCMA/CPT/CET.
Or, possible that Doctor's are not sure in the differences of certifications.May be,I need to explain it more clear on my resume.I am not sure.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA,CPT,CET,CNA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes.I work as a CNA